Winamp 5 is out

yup, good stuff. It was just enough to pull me back from itunes. I like how itunes will sort my music into directories and stuff for me, so I'll keep using it for that, but winamp 5 seems to load MUCH faster than itunes, and seems all around less bloaty (especially when you use the old school winamp2 skin).

Everything that I have that is 2.x works fine in 5 (all plugins). I've noticed a few stability issues, but as a whole, a vast improvement over 3.

Havent noticed any real difference in cpu usage from 2.x to 5. Although I am running it on a p4 3.2c

I notice a slightly longer delay on opening the program on my athlon 2600+, however it's also opening more stuff, like the playlist creator and organizer and stuff.

my problem with 5 is that it likes to change the way songs look in my playlist, it fucks up displaying all of my songs without id3 tags. gonna downgrade back to 2.91 soon.

5.01 already out. That was fast.

Winamp 5.01:

* fixed gen_ml selection bug

* added gen_ml option for no guessing at all

* made AVS and SPS support loop() in user code

* made AVS support megabuf() in user code

* made pro installer not prompt for regkey if already valid

* improved font directory retrieval in gen_ff

* added content rating system in Internet TV's listing

* added bandwidth usage statistic in Internet Radio/TV listings

* made media library guess from filename only when NO metadata found

* added seperate recent items tracking options for files/streams

* made installer better handle installing wa5 directly over wa3.

* added milkdrop docs to installer

* made uninstaller not remove winamp directory if not empty (user is

now required to do so manually to avoid people going "oops")

* made installer check sonic px.dll versions and prompt for reboot

accordingly

* fixed nsv metadata querying bugs

* fixed gen_ml guessing bugs for files with metadata that are not in DB

You still have winamp 3? Egads man what has possesed you? Time to perform an exorcism on your computer to get that off.

lol, nothing wrong with 3. Besides, I don't want to have to redo my playlists. I went to the trouble of making a toolbar on my taskbar that has different albums etc on it.

Back