Windows Appearance

mtxblau

Mid Boss
On my laptop I was using XP and enjoying it - much to your chagrin I *liked* the 'fisher price' look. But due to several unfortunate circumstances, I needed to fall back to Win98 (it has nothing to do with XP, ironically).

My question, is it possible to change the appearance of the taskbar? I don't really want/need to change everything else... I was hoping there's a program that lets you define how the taskbar looks, etc.

Hopefully this won't degrade into XP bashing, because we all know people here differ greatly on their preferences/experiences with XP...

Thanks in advance...

i thought he wanted to know if Windows 98 could change the taskbar's appearence. I can't say if WindowBlinds works or not, as my computer isn't powerful enough to handle it, and everything else.

but, I can say that if you right click the taskar, and select properties, you can auto hide the taskbar, so it is out of site when you don't need it, and pops up when you do. more Screen Space.

What exactly is it that you want to do? You can change the colour and how the programs are arranged on the taskbar, but beyond that I don't know.

I've also grown to like XP from really hating it to begin with. If it wasn't for a few compatability problems (better support for low resolutions would be very helpful for Gens at least), I'd like it even more.

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Nov. 18 2002, 11:44 pm

I needed to fall back to Win98

My question, is it possible to change the appearance of the taskbar? I don't really want/need to change everything else... I was hoping there's a program that lets you define how the taskbar looks, etc.

Pertinent info highlighted.

In any event, after going to the Windowblinds site, there was a link there to another site that does what I was trying to find:

http://www.stardock.com/products/objectbar/

So thanks to Gallstaff and Ice for leading me in the right direction.
smile.gif

Back