WinRAR CRC error

Shitface

Established Member
Hey, It seems many of the games i have ripped and put into RAR files have CRC errors when people download them. The thing is, they work just fine for me but people who are downloading them off me get CRC errors a lot. Now i can extract the files fine on my pc and there are no errors on mine, what is the problem?

Make sure they get an .sfv checker and check their files, as I know one particular user that has been complaining probably hasn't been using it hehe. Also, if they continue to complain and you know it extracts, you might let them know what version of winrar you were using and make sure that they have at least that.

For those of you having CRC errors, make sure you have at least the version stated. For example, in the pic of a sample archive below, you would need version 2.9 or above to be able to extract.

rar_version_to_extract.gif

Thanks. I just hope its not my stuff messing up. Hear that all you downloaders! Get a SFV checker and Update WinRAR to atleast 3.0!! Because if you don't then im just gonna have to.... sit down and.... watch tv or something, i dunno.

Back