Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member

Best action/rpg out at the time.

Music was spectacular.  Who couldnt like this game?

lol wonderboy 3 only has a small band of cult followers. An elite few who believe that wonderboy 3 is a delicious mixture of puzzling, fighting and exploring that combines superb graphics with great music and highly original game play aspects, but they could not be more wrong as this game is the complete oppisite to what you think and just makes you cringe.  
angry.gif

.......wonderboy 3 was (in many people's eyes) one of the best RPG of it's time! i still find time to play this game....tho i don't know how........
tongue.gif

You either loved or hated this game..when i first bought a Master System it was either this or Super Monaco GP and my brother picked up WB3 and for some reason i bought it!

Some of the best graphics on the MS, spend hours playing it (nearly as much as Hang-On! went on for so long my hands hurt so had to turn it off!) anyway the memories of changing characters (the bird was my fav) and getting to places previously unable to was great, it wasn't a 'RPG' more of a slash exploring type game, never forget completing the game.

Some will disagree but this was the MS best game and in the top 50 games of all time in my mind. Hunter on the Amiga 500 was No.1 btw!

In my opinion, this wasn't just a great game of the time, it still stands as one of the best adventure / platform games ever. It feels just as good to play today as it did when it came out in the late 80s, and like Gaz_2_k, I still have plenty of time for it.

Responsive controls, great 8bit graphics, FM music (for owners of a Mark 3 system) and a simple but effective plot (secret rooms, items and cool puzzles) make this an all time classic.

heheh, I loved the game so much I'm rewriting it in 3D (exactly the same game and gameplay, but with the screens all extruded).

Some games just don't deserve fade into the past like most games do.

Woohoo! Sounds great... keep me in the loop
smile.gif

I always hoped that West One would redo it along with Monster World 4 (and no, I don't mean Wonderboy 6 for those who need a dumbed-down title), but it looks like they never will
sad.gif

I'm always really weary about posting links on message boards.

if you guys don't want them here, please delete it and accept my appologies.

Wonderboy III for Win32

This is the website I made for the project, and I'll be trying to keep it as up-to-date as I can.

I'm glad to see there is someone interested in it at least... I was beginning to think that nobody had even heard of Wonderboy III...

Steven
smile.gif

Back