Woohoo!

The gods have smiled down upon me :D

I went to the local recycling center (basically an organized dumpster), where I frequently come to look for salvageable computers. So I walked into the electronics container, and I saw a pretty good looking CD + casette player. So I picked it up only to see a discarded MegaCD 2 sitting behind it! :D :D

So I raced home to try it out and it worked! It also had Earthworn Jim SE sitting in the drive but it looks like it needs some cleaning...

yeehaw a free Mega CD 2! Those f*ers are so rare here in Holland that they rarely turn up on ebay and then they go for over 60 euros :p

:cheers

(Sorry, just felt like sharing that with you guys :))

sure...

megacd2.jpg

It needed some dusting off but now it works fine (well... I have no working games for it but I tested it with audio CDs) :)

I gotta say, however, that in 99% of all other game-related cases you americans are far more lucky than us Dutchies... at least you have lotsa gamestores that still sell DC games :eek:wned

sadly, no, everything I found is in the pic. I went back the day after but they had locked the container :(

Ah well, I dont need the mixing cable (I use it with my MD2) and I hook it up with my Megadrive I PSU.

Boy, and I thought that finding two sealed new 32X'es for 50e was a good find, well this surely beats it :cheers

I wish I had a local recycling center where I live. We have a container outside by our carholds (garages), but there's never been anything interesting there.

A friend of mine lived in a place were they had a local recycling center, and we were down there every time someone moved. The greatest found was a NES with all cables, controllers and a bunch of games. And an old Macintosh.

Were I live the only good things you can come by are at local auctions, but they're run during daytime so you either have to be unemployed or know someone who is to be able to win stuff there. ;)

Aight, I went a few 100km by train to a store that still sells Mega CD games and I finally got some original, non-scratched games to test the unit... and it runs Sol Feace like a dream! :cheers

Originally posted by AntiPasta@Oct 27, 2003 @ 03:58 PM

Aight, I went a few 100km by train to a store that still sells Mega CD games and I finally got some original, non-scratched games to test the unit... and it runs Sol Feace like a dream! :cheers

Hehe - Now there's dedication :) Good work

Back