worst sega expirience

Seeing my beloved Sega doing really well with the MegaDrive, then witnessing repeated marketing blunders, such as undersupported hardware, nonsensical ads and ill advised football team sponsorship. The no-show of the cream of the Saturn's crop outside of Japan. Seeing Sega squander a year head start to lose out to the over-rated PS2, when they had a fantastic product and the best software on the market. Sega's marketing people were hopefully shot. Having the piss took out of me by brainwashed Sony fanboy sheep for owning Sega products. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

I felt disapointed when Sega says they were not going to support old systems and they were going to concentrate on Saturn. That is the main and worst mistake of Sega.

There were more than 30 millions of Genesis users, more than 9 millions of Segacd users and I don´t know about 32x and Sega decided to release a console a year before they should, without a good catalogue, without a good development kit, with a horrible price and with a horrible marketing and the most important with all those millions of angry users.

Imagine that Sega would have concentrated another year in megadrive and Segacd (sorry I don´t like 32x) and they would have made a better development kit for Saturn and that they would have created a cheaper version of the Saturn for Western countries...

i cant figure out why i like sega so much and was a nintendo hater ( as a kid i had many heated debates over that topic and everytime i wanted to pound on the nintendo lovers but couldnt )--ive had many bad experiences

i decided sega was the beter one because i liked thier coin-op games (before any sega system in US) and figured that experience would make a superior system

first i went to buy the master sytem at a chain store (crazy eddies - if anyone remembers and expected a great price and i paid 350 for it i was to embarsed to say no used my first comunion money- i was in gramar school leave me alone

buying global defence and hating it and my self for picking it

next was when the genesis came out and sega said they wont let the mastersystem owners down and keep making games for it -- the games they made were real crapy for the most part ( eswat - master system and that other shity shooter i cant remember the name and then compleately stoped- pretending mastersystem didnt even exist

also seeing some of the great games that came out at the end and being upset thinking that the games should have been like that from the beginging ( graphics wise) ( mickey castle of illusion- power strike - psycho fox )

next was the sega magazine ending (that i got a subscription to with the master system)

next was all the new sega addons that were so damm expensive

not being able to understand whats the fuckin big deal of just realising every game in every market instead of by region

seeing the game gear get squashed by game boy ( ill never understand people who just will not go for the higher quality products when they are in the same price range)

hearing that game developers didnt want to make games for the saturn cause the psx was easier

seeing the dreamcast - ps2 comparison setups at the stores -

thinking there was a consipracy to bring sega down - showing the football games where ps2 looked beter-- but no mention of ps2 having time to spruce thier shit up or that dreamcast was first

looking at the display and overhearing moron assholes saying "ehh! the ps2 is better im gonna get that - ohh ho ho man !yea look at how bad it is"

but one of my greatest memories beside the games was the game gear comerscial where there was this dude on the bench playing a game boy and theres a dead stiff squierl next to him and he hits him self in the head with it to see colors

i gues what makes me like sega so much was the games

-- zillion - phantasy star- alex kidd -transbot etc -- phantasy star sequals - sonic - better sports games - ecco the dolphin ( i read people ripping on that game wtf i can you not like it - the fuckin music inthat game)

nintendo never held a candel (but i was jealous for metal gear and bionic comando)--

ahh memories!!!

Originally posted by googlefest1@Aug. 02 2002, 5:39 pm

but one of my greatest memories beside the games was the game gear comerscial where there was this dude on the bench playing a game boy and theres a dead stiff squierl next to him and he hits him self in the head with it to see colors

DUDE I TOTALLY REMEMBER THAT COMMERCIAL. He was playing mario land 2, six golden coins and he takes the squirrel and hit's himself in the head with it and sees a bunch of wavy multi-colors.

Originally posted by Silender@Aug. 03 2002, 9:57 am

My worst experience eh?

The 'Five-star policy' in the middle of the Saturn era!

I guess I don't remember that.

What was it?

Best experience....Getting Shining Force for $20, playing the piss out of it, and beating it....

Worst experience....Shining Force deciding that it no longer wanted to retain saved data my second time through the game....Bitch....(Yeah, I've mentioned that before, and you'll probably hear it quite a few more times....Bitch)

OK....To end on a lighter note....Another good experience....Finding this site.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Mega Drive / Genesis:

i played with tails / miles up to Ice Cap Zone and the game freazes everytime when i got to a specific position.

it's also annoying to play bonus rounds (those with red and blue spheres) on a b/w-screen... *lol*

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Aug. 01 2002, 8:19 pm

when i played ecco the dolphin
tongue.gif

WTF? Ecco was a great game. You are the first person I have found that didn't like it.

The failure to release scenarios 2 and 3 for sf3 is probably the worst sega experience I have had. If it wasn't for SFC, then I would never know what happens in the trilogy

Originally posted by JohnD@Aug. 07 2002, 4:37 am

sonic the hedgehog 3 freezes on everyone its a buggy game.

yeah, i know! that's why i was quite angry. a lot thing went wrong with the later games for genesis. we in europe had a lot of awful translations (Story of Thor - german version) with bugs...

I loved the special stages in Sonic 3. I found them very fun and challenging. Hmm... If there is anything to learn from threads like this, it is that there is a fan for every game out there.

Back