Wow! What a collection!

Check out this guy that goes by the name of Dreamcastmaster and posts at the Edge-Online forums. Apparantly, he works for Sega Europe and has ammased an amazing collection of videogames. I've never seen some of these things...did you know Sega made a digital camera for the Saturn? Take a look...

http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/dcmscollection

He's also fielding questions about Sega in general as well...Did you know EA DID publish a game for the DC in Europe? He even personally owns a copy of Half Life for the DC. If your interested, you can follow the thread here...

http://forum.edge-online.com/viewtopic.php?t=17616

BTW, Happy Birthday DC!

that guy pisses me off. Why? cause he has Half Life Beta for dreamcast and he refuses to share it to the people.

http://pub39.ezboard.com/fassemb....3.topic

i mean, he's got ability to do it. Only hope someone has another copy and is more giving
sad.gif

The other posters in that thread you linked are what pisses me off. How can they call Dreamcastmaster a lamer when all they do is whine about how they have a god-given right to get the r0mz0rs. It's just like the people whining here when the FTP forum was closed. If he chooses to rip the game then fine. If he chooses not to, that's fine too. It's his choice and the rest of us will just have to deal with it.

Originally posted by SilentSnipeR@Sep. 09 2002, 11:27 am

that guy pisses me off. Why? cause he has Half Life Beta for dreamcast and he refuses to share it to the people.

http://pub39.ezboard.com/fassemb....3.topic

i mean, he's got ability to do it. Only hope someone has another copy and is more giving
sad.gif

It was give to trusted people so it WOULDN'T get leaked. I know someone else with it who won't leak it and I respect them a helluva lot more for that
smile.gif

Besides, why do they want the game so much? A burned copy has no collector's value, and Blue Shift includes both the new levels and the graphical updates.

Doesn't Half Life DC also include the Blue Shift levels? It would be included in the data...

Besides its not about the collector value...its about playing a game that is complete and unreleased. I, for one, was really looking forward to playing that game before they cancelled it.

So what is there in DC Half-Life that isn't available in PC Half-Life + Blue Shift and PS2 Half-Life?

Don't get me wrong, no-one can be blamed for wanting to try that version, but flaming the people who have copies of it just because they don't want to dump/spread it is very lame.

Originally posted by antime@Sep. 09 2002, 11:21 am

So what if there is a DC Half-Life that isn't available in PC Half-Life + Blue Shift and PS2 Half-Life?

Don't get me wrong, no-one can be blamed for wanting to try that version, but flaming the people who have copies of it just because they don't want to dump/spread it is very lame.

Oh, I totally agree. Its his to do with as he sees fit.

In all fairness to the people in that thread, very few if any people are actually flaming. Most are just curious as to what he knows. I personally would like to know just how far along the Saturn emulator for the Dreamcast actually was.

That man is a god , I mean he has over 200 saturn games, holy #$%& wow. I would like to have a collection like that when I grow up..lol.

Come to think of it, does ANYONE here have more games than that? I would think Rev would have loads and loads of games. The only other person I can say pretty confidently who also might easily make it would be Cecilia. But most of her Games are Chinese CDs.

Originally posted by Energizer@Sep 14, 2002 @ 05:07 AM

Come to think of it, does ANYONE here have more games than that? I would think Rev would have loads and loads of games. The only other person I can say pretty confidently who also might easily make it would be Cecilia. But most of her Games are Chinese CDs.

Interesting collection

Not many Sega games, though.

Originally posted by Tony Skyrunner+Feb 12, 2003 @ 10:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tony Skyrunner @ Feb 12, 2003 @ 10:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Energizer@Sep 14, 2002 @ 05:07 AM

Interesting collection

Not many Sega games, though. [/b][/quote]

He's got plenty of Sega games in my book

It's people like this I need to show to my wife so she appreciated my "lack of a collection"
smile.gif

She thinks 4 systems is too many
tongue.gif

If this got as far as being pressed (even if it was just an initial test pressing), wouldn't that mean there are several thousand copies all over the world?

Strangly enough, I just had a conversation about this last night with Corpsicle on nx's irc channel (although he wasn't very open minded about it...). Here is what was said:

Fabrizo: Do you dl dc games? Im trying to find out if propeller arena realy was ripped recently

corpsicle: i heard someone bought the gold copy

corpsicle: just like halflife

corpsicle: and that was released shortly after

Fabrizo: I dl'd a few vids that got me interested in the game, but unless someone ripped it im never going to be able to try it out

corpsicle: it will get ripped eventually

Fabrizo: I wish I knew halflife for dc was ultra-rare early, cause I remember that my video rental store had a copy for sale

corpsicle: its just that by ripping the gold copy, he makes the "original" drop in price ALOT

corpsicle: =P

corpsicle: so he's loosing money by ripping it

corpsicle: no they didnt

corpsicle: halflife was never released

Fabrizo: yea, it was, i saw it with my own eyes

corpsicle: there is 1 gold copy, thats it

Fabrizo: that was the only copy I ever saw though

corpsicle: it was canceled

corpsicle: it was never released

corpsicle: believe me

corpsicle: they might have had a box for preorders or something

corpsicle: but they did not have the game i assure you

Fabrizo: It wasn't for pre-orders, it was for rent, (for about a week...), then they decided to sell it.

corpsicle: seriously

corpsicle: check any site, any source at all

corpsicle: it was never released

Fabrizo: then how come its on the net?

Fabrizo: their must be originals if their are copies

corpsicle: someone got hold of the gold copy

corpsicle: it was recently sold on ebay

corpsicle: the gold copy is the one that they make originals off

corpsicle: it got that far and was then cancelled

corpsicle: so the guy who bought it on ebay ripped it

corpsicle: and voila, we have copies

Fabrizo: recently = ?

corpsicle: weeks

Fabrizo: half-life for dc has been on the net for nearly a year

Fabrizo: It was just very badly distributed. Now its been re-ripped, and re-distributed

corpsicle: sure there might have been copies before, since the gold disc obviously has been in existance since they made it

corpsicle: and im pretty sure whoever owned it made copies for backup at least =P

Fabrizo: Their are lots of games like half-life for dc, where their were in fact copies made, but in such increadably limited quantities that the gaming community refuses to acnowledge their existance. Its like, "If I don't have it, and cant find it, it doesn't exist". Thrill kill is a good example of this. Copies were released in europe, as well as the us, but their were so few that only a few 'hard core' collectors, and piraters, have them.

corpsicle: halflife was never released

corpsicle: anywhere

Fabrizo: not officialy

corpsicle: is there another way to release games ??

corpsicle: and inofficial way ?`

Fabrizo: yes. People working on the games can make copies of them with the equipment available to them. use pre-created, or original booklets, and cd art, then distribute it to friends, family, and on the side for a small bit of profit.

corpsicle: thats not "released" =P

Fabrizo: Return fire for the saturn, which was just released, proves that you don't need much to make a game look official, and still not be.

corpsicle: this argument is not holding up

Fabrizo: explain.

corpsicle: so what you are saying is that someone on valve MIGHT have made illegal copies and distributed them with original box and manuals ?

Fabrizo: Its a possibility. They have every resourse at their disposal to do so if they wanted.

corpsicle: even if that were true, which it isnt, that doesnt mean its released

corpsicle: it was officially canceled, and never put into production

Fabrizo: you can't prove to me that it isn't true. And 'released' in my book means that they exist, and are in the hands of several people that didn't make the game.

corpsicle: then you are truly lost

Fabrizo: Im not lost, I have a valid point, as do you.

Fabrizo: You believe what you believe, I believe what I believe, and in this situation neather of us can truly prove the other wrong.

corpsicle: im not saying it cant be true, but im saying that it doesnt matter, because its still not released

Fabrizo: Matter? I never said it did, I was simply going through what I believe was the reason for the existance of the copy I saw.

Fabrizo: or didn't see, according to you.

Look, does it really matter if HL was released or not? Do you really need to split hairs over the definition of the word "released"?

Yes it's out there, no you can't host it on your FTP and post the details here. Surely that's the end of the conversation about HL?

Back