Wow

Originally posted by cww80+Aug. 01 2002, 4:33 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cww80 @ Aug. 01 2002, 4:33 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-FAKK2@Aug. 01 2002, 4:24 pm

Down with Micro$haft!! BOOOO!!!!!!
smile.gif

or better yet...The Micro$haft Xflop
laugh.gif
[/b][/quote]

LOL
laugh.gif

YES!! The number 1 reason to own a x-box has almost arrived. Screen shots of this game are unbelievable. Really, take a look. Now i love PS2, but this game just blows all those other games away. Geeze i want the game badly!! I love SEGA now!!
love.gif

Originally posted by meckrec3@Aug. 02 2002, 9:54 pm

YES!! The number 1 reason to own a x-box has almost arrived. Screen shots of this game are unbelievable. Really, take a look. Now i love PS2, but this game just blows all those other games away. Geeze i want the game badly!! I love SEGA now!!
love.gif

Indeed. This game will sell a lot of xboxs. Though, I don't like microsoft, I might reconsider buying the system just for this game. Sega is actually doing a good job lately...

I hope it comes out for the Playstation 2 =(

Originally posted by Lyzel@Aug. 02 2002, 10:13 pm

Indeed. This game will sell a lot of xboxs. Though, I don't like microsoft, I might reconsider buying the system just for this game. Sega is actually doing a good job lately...

I hope it comes out for the Playstation 2 =(

I doubt it will sell alot of Xboxs...Most people havent even heard of Panzer Dragoon, hell, some people i know, never heard of the Saturn.(before i showed them it)Im just going to play the game at a friends
tongue.gif
I advise all you non Xbox owners do the same
smile.gif
(which would be most of you
laugh.gif
) 1 game doesnt make a system.(despite what others on here might think)

Nope! 1 game makes a system! Remember the FF7 back in the 32-bit era! This game sold a lot of Playstations! To find some people (I'm sure they are no more than ten) that don't know Panzer Dragoon games, firstly they show you how experienced(I mean how much they know about good games and not craps such as 'smuglers run') they are in the video games. And second! I know people that they didn't just recognize the name 'Final Fantasy'(which is more famous). What do you have to say about that?
wink.gif

Personaly I'll buy that console someday just for play this Masterpiece! You lucky X-Box owners
angry.gif

I don't want to turn this into a flaming contest or anything, but i just wanna say something here about the ps2 and xbox.

If the ps2 and xbox were both releaased on the same date, same year, same time, in the same quanities, both produced by an anonomus (i spelled it wrong big deal) company, i think more people would be buying the xbox after they say it's raw power and just how much better it is than the ps2. I'm just expressing myself here please i don't wat this to turn into an xbox vs ps2 i'm just saying that i think people shouldn't be turned away from the xbox because microsoft makes it.

Well of course, thats a given, but if they were released at the same time I'm sure sony would make hardware improvements on it. Sony has more developers and therefore a larger library. Sony knows what they're doing, if they were gonna release the ps2 at the same time as the xbox, I think they'd win out of sheer marketing strategy superiority.

Well, after a 16 player 4 XBox-link-up game, online play can suck my left nut.... that was just glorious playing that
smile.gif

Panzer Dragoon doesn't float my boat, much like the 1st two didn't (Saga did
smile.gif
).

At the moment, with the view to Sega fans, PS2 seems to be the system to own if you didn;t have a DC due to the amount of ports, XBox for sequels of your favourite DC/Saturn games and Gamecube for some new arcade conversions.

Originally posted by Silender@Aug. 03 2002, 9:56 am

Nope! 1 game makes a system! Remember the FF7 back in the 32-bit era! This game sold a lot of Playstations! To find some people (I'm sure they are no more than ten) that don't know Panzer Dragoon games, firstly they show you how experienced(I mean how much they know about good games and not craps such as 'smuglers run') they are in the video games. And second! I know people that they didn't just recognize the name 'Final Fantasy'(which is more famous). What do you have to say about that?
wink.gif

Personaly I'll buy that console someday just for play this Masterpiece! You lucky X-Box owners
angry.gif

Final Fantasy 7 has sold over 2 million copies in the US.The PS has sold over 30 million in the US.(over 70 million Worldwide)Now if one game really does make a system, then how come Final Fantasy 7's sales dont match the number of PS' sold?Reason: Because what you said is nonsense.(simple as that)What you said about Panzer Dragoon is true, alas... that still doesnt change the fact that most people havent heard of it...also, about that Final Fantasy comment, the only thing i can say about that is those people are either old,(and dont pay attention to games) or have been locked up since 1994
laugh.gif

A system seller like FF7 generates buzz about the machine. It made people aware about consoles in general and the PSX in particular. Besides, apart from the two million copies sold, how many pirate copies do you think exist?

Well, maybe not one game makes people want to buy the system. But, it depends on what kind of games the systems make, and how good they are. For example ,if i were going to buy a system i would look at xbox and say halo, then ps2 and say gta3. Its like that for me, but i dunno how you guys see it. For me depending on what kinds of games came out in the past, and how good this game is, thats what makes me choose the system. I dont like microsoft, but this game that sega is bringing out to x-box is making me pee in my pants.
sad.gif
If i dont get an xbox i gotta buy this game for my friends system and play it there. Its that simple.

Phill

Wipeout sold many Playstations in England, as they placed pods displaying it in nightclubs and other places. This made many non-gamers think the PSX was a pretty cool system and practically gave birth to what's now called "casual gamers". I don't know the sales figures of Wipeout, but this aspect alone made it a system seller.

Originally posted by cww80+Aug. 03 2002, 6:48 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cww80 @ Aug. 03 2002, 6:48 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Silender@Aug. 03 2002, 9:56 am

wink.gif

angry.gif

Final Fantasy 7 has sold over 2 million copies in the US.The PS has sold over 30 million in the US.(over 70 million Worldwide)Now if one game really does make a system, then how come Final Fantasy 7's sales dont match the number of PS' sold?Reason: Because what you said is nonsense.(simple as that)What you said about Panzer Dragoon is true, alas... that still doesnt change the fact that most people havent heard of it...also, about that Final Fantasy comment, the only thing i can say about that is those people are either old,(and dont pay attention to games) or have been locked up since 1994
laugh.gif
[/b][/quote]

You probably have no idea when a game is called "system seller". It's impossible for a game to reach the systems' number, you may rething about who's saying nonsense. According to you FF7 wasn't a system seller, right?

So... tell me a system seller game!

Originally posted by Silender@Aug. 04 2002, 2:33 am

You probably have no idea when a game is called "system seller". It's impossible for a game to reach the systems' number, you may rething about who's saying nonsense. According to you FF7 wasn't a system seller, right?

So... tell me a system seller game!

I have a perfect idea what a "system seller" is...Your the one talking nonsense, if you actually believe 1 game makes a system, as you put it (thats what i was replying to, good job turning around what i was saying) When the PS launched it had games like Ridge Racer, Battle Arena Toshinden & Wipeout "system sellers" later it got games like Tekken, Resident Evil & Crash Bandicoot (dont care for the latter, but you cant deny it sold alot of PS') Of Course, later it got sequels to those games, Gran Turismo & Metal Gear Solid, which continued to move hardware.I dont deny Final Fantasy 7 was a "system seller" (and the Final Fantasy Games in general) Perhaps i should edit my original post so the kiddies understand what i was saying. (seeing as i never said otherwise) If you actually go back and read closely what i was saying...youll see i was pointing out that surely if one game makes a system (in this case the PS) it would have sold more than it did...The reason for that is obviously some (most *gasp*) people dont play Rpgs...thats what those other "system sellers" are for...1 game does not make a system, (which was my point) its a combination of quality games that does...

Originally posted by Hollywood Hasney@Aug. 04 2002, 7:21 am

It's rediculous to think one game sold a system under any circumstances. What idiot pays £200+ for one game?

Thanks...Hollywood Hasney, im glad we can agree on something :
wink.gif
:

Back