Wow

You're right
sarcasm.gif

But I still disagree in some of your sayings! Shame most people don't play rpgs! And... Yes you may call me an idiot if I buy an X-Box only for PDO, or a PS2 only for Shinobi, or an X-Box only for(most probably) a new Shining or Golden Sun game!

Originally posted by Silender@Aug. 04 2002, 11:42 am

You're right
sarcasm.gif

But I still disagree in some of your sayings! Shame most people don't play rpgs! And... Yes you may call me an idiot if I buy an X-Box only for PDO, or a PS2 only for Shinobi, or an X-Box only for(most probably) a new Shining or Golden Sun game!

Whats with you rolling your eyes man
wut.gif

i dunno i hated battle arena toshiden. and ff7 wasn't a great game but it did bring the word psx into my vocabulary and i know a few ppl that got psx's just to play that game. and whats with everyone's hate for ms? i mean its your typical company it wants to grow and to do that it needs to make money and well no one else put out a good enough product to fight back. netscape was the bomb till they fucked it up. and aol is for retards only. oh and don't bring up the whole flimzy security thing if linux gets to be as big as windows watch hackers sit there and pick away at it to find its wholes. so
tongue.gif
hehehe anyways sony is like the ms of the electronics world. so if you hate ms you gotta hate sony cuz they are the same thing. back on topic now. PDO looks sweet i want an xbox now cuz it has a few games i like.

Argh, let me say something:

Even if there is one game that pushes you into buying a system, it is not going to be great the only game you're going to buy.

Both Xbox and PS2 atm have about the same number of great games ATM, actually. Bigger library+more developers=more trash, but still more opportunity for good games.

Also, PS2 has 2 "exclusive" Sega games coming out, as compared to the much larger amount on Xbox. "Exclusive" is getting pretty much meaningless nowadays, though, all it means most of the time is temp exclusive unless porting it would be basically impossible. This leads to my next point:

PDO will not be on PS2...ever. Sega doens't play that game (*ahem* raped Wreckless for PS2).

Originally posted by Zero 9@Aug. 04 2002, 7:15 pm

Argh, let me say something:

Even if there is one game that pushes you into buying a system, it is not going to be great the only game you're going to buy.

Both Xbox and PS2 atm have about the same number of great games ATM, actually. Bigger library+more developers=more trash, but still more opportunity for good games.

Also, PS2 has 2 "exclusive" Sega games coming out, as compared to the much larger amount on Xbox. "Exclusive" is getting pretty much meaningless nowadays, though, all it means most of the time is temp exclusive unless porting it would be basically impossible. This leads to my next point:

PDO will not be on PS2...ever. Sega doens't play that game (*ahem* raped Wreckless for PS2).

PS2 & Xbox have the same amount of great games
ohmy.gif
*gets ready to go out and buy an Xbox*...then realizes thats crap
sarcasm.gif
The Xboxs game libruary is sorely lacking *cough* Rpgs *cough* and the future looks terrible for the system as well...Most of the Sega games released for Xbox thus far, are games that dont typically sell in high figures (excluding the sports games) and certainly arent going to move much hardware. (dare i say, especially in japan) Likewise, as good as PDO is going to be, its not going to make people who never heard of the game, (or the series) buy the system for it.To compare the PS2 and Xbox is crap, Xbox simply doesnt stand a chance, in the face of the PS2s vastly superior selection of games...(M$ is pretty much getting prison raped by Sony) Also...(kind of off subject, oh well) is it just me or is the GC looking good this fall...man
ohmy.gif
The Nintendo of old is returning
smile.gif

Originally posted by cww80@Aug. 04 2002, 10:04 pm

PS2 & Xbox have the same amount of great games
ohmy.gif
*gets ready to go out and buy an Xbox*...then realizes thats crap
sarcasm.gif
The Xboxs game libruary is sorely lacking *cough* Rpgs *cough* and the future looks terrible for the system as well...Most of the Sega games released for Xbox thus far, are games that dont typically sell in high figures (excluding the sports games) and certainly arent going to move much hardware. (dare i say, especially in japan) Likewise, as good as PDO is going to be, its not going to make people who never heard of the game, (or the series) buy the system for it.To compare the PS2 and Xbox is crap, Xbox simply doesnt stand a chance, in the face of the PS2s vastly superior selection of games...(M$ is pretty much getting prison raped by Sony) Also...(kind of off subject, oh well) is it just me or is the GC looking good this fall...man
ohmy.gif
The Nintendo of old is returning
smile.gif

What if you're right? Who cares? If people want to buy the system then let them buy the friggen system. I bet people who bought the 3do bought the xbox as well because they can see quality and potential in consoles. Even though the 3do didn't ever take off it DID have potential. So i'm just saying, shut up, sit down, and play your goddamn ps2.

Originally posted by Supergrom@Aug. 04 2002, 11:15 pm

cww80- Zero 9 never said that xbox has the same number of games as ps2. he said it has about the same number of great games. big difference. and i would agree with him. right now there is one game for each of the consoles that would push me to buy them (Halo on xbox, MGS2 on ps2), but as stated before, one game is not enough. and xbox might be lacking in rpgs, im not a big fan of em, so i dont really care. But you're right about nintendo. I think i might be getting a GC very soon *thinks of eternal darkness, SSB:M, Mario Sunshine, Metroid: Prime, PD:0, Zelda, Starfox Adventures*

oops,
ohmy.gif
oh well it happens
biggrin.gif
but just like you agree with him, i disagree
tongue.gif
The PS2s software libruary runs circles around the Xboxs (can anyone really deny this?) also...if you wait a while longer you can just get Halo for PC...

Edit: On second thought, i didnt say the same number of games...i said the same number of great games...thats your mistake, man... :
wink.gif
:

Originally posted by mal@Aug. 04 2002, 5:59 pm

You've sure got a thing for bashing your head against brick walls.
biggrin.gif

Yeah...sure do
tongue.gif
you should try it, after a couple of times... you dont feel a thing
laugh.gif

Isn't this the same topic rehashed?

Redoing it for the newbies? Or is there a purpose served in all of this?

Ok guys read this before you kill each other,

Im not going to say how much playstation or xbox are better, im just telling you THEY ARE ABOUT EQUAL. Lets face it, if you have a x-box you are going to say good stuff bout xboxs and if you own a playstation you will say good stuff bout your playstation. Sure xbox and playstation have their advantages and dissadvatanges but this doesn't mean start a "word" fight about it. Comeon, this started as someone admiring a game, not lets turn it into a fight.

Phill

Well I like Gamecube. So there
tongue.gif

When it comes down to it, it's your personal preferance and no amount of talking jive is gonna prove one is better than the others. The PS2 has the most good games, but it's been out the longest, Gamecube is bound to have quality with the first-party titles and Xbox has stuff like Ninja Gaiden and Panzer Dragoon coming. I say wait until the next generation of consoles when you can get the current ones plus games for next to nothing, that's my general tactic with things and works pretty well (see Dreamcast).

i use a ps2 at my friends place and its just a ps1 on roids the graphics look oddly similar hmmm ??? and i mean it really isn't there going to be a metal gear on xbox? and what sorta percentage of games for the ps2 are really awe inspiring most of them are crap games. sure xbox has a few shitty games but i have enjoyed almost every game i have touched on xbox. i can't even think about saying that for ps2 :S. but i like i have always said and will keep on saying every system has its games. so since we have all decided the ps2 is pos system hardware terms but it does have the game library thanks to ps1, and really final fantasy is now basically rehashing the same story line over but with better gfx. and as for the lack of rpg's for xbox doesn't it take a bloody long time to make a good rpg??? and i am sure there are a few rpg's out for the box aren't there?

anyways to the simplefied conclusion of my post:

xbox: awesome hardware, cool homebrew scene

gamecube: generalized goodness, smash bros.
biggrin.gif

ps2: huge freaky game list, and backwards compatibility with ps1(xbox emulator
tongue.gif
)

so as you have it all systems have there goodpoints and i won't mention the bad cuz i know certain ppl will roast me alive, hehe fanboyz
sarcasm.gif

this is probably kind of late but as for system selling games

didnt lunar for the sega cd help the sales of that system greatly

i also read that in an article too somewhere

and as for xbox and ps2 im gald a system like the xbox finaly came out ive always argued about system design with people and my point always was why the F dodnt they just slap a pc into a box and call it a game system - that would kill anything out there and would beable to do somuch more than your average game system limited by its proprieraty hardware -- also theres pleanty of game developers already out there making games for the pc market which should add to the console game market--- sucky microsoft made it but at least it was somebody

but im still waiting for microsoft to live up to its promises of many japanes developed games especialy rpgs common already were are they - microsoft signed those companies too late

also does ne1 think that the name microsoft hurts the xbox sales -- theve had so much negative publicity as a bully company -- also does ne1 think the ps2 can be emulated on the xbox

and halo - i think that game sucks - what a rushed peice of work all those early games were - it could have been somuch better im waiting for that robotech game that looks incredible

i use a ps2 at my friends place and its just a ps1 on roids the graphics look oddly similar

I can't imagine what "looks similar" about the graphics unless:

- You're looking at badly coded games.

- You're playing PS1 games on it.

- You expected a move to voxel graphics and/or holographic displays

i am sure there are a few rpg's out for the box aren't there?

There's Morrowind. It's a great game by all accounts I've seen, but nobody has suggested that it counts as more than one. There seems to be a significant amount of stuff under development, though, including at least 4 action RPGs.
biggrin.gif

and as for xbox and ps2 im gald a system like the xbox finaly came out ive always argued about system design with people and my point always was why the F dodnt they just slap a pc into a box and call it a game system - that would kill anything out there and would beable to do somuch more than your average game system limited by its proprieraty hardware

PCs are packed to the gills with proprietary hardware (when was the last time you saw Nvidia giving out HDL source code, or even complete programming information?), and limit programmers by presenting them with an ugly, archaic programming model that doesn't really allow them to decide how to utilize the processor's actual functions.

also theres pleanty of game developers already out there making games for the pc market which should add to the console game market

PC games that actually worked well for consoles (and some that weren't) were already being ported on a regular basis.

but im still waiting for microsoft to live up to its promises of many japanes developed games especialy rpgs common already were are they - microsoft signed those companies too late

Have any major Japanese RPG developers signed on? I know they're getting decent support from Konami, Capcom, and Namco, but I haven't heard a whole lot about which companies have signed more recently.

also does ne1 think that the name microsoft hurts the xbox sales -- theve had so much negative publicity as a bully company

Microsoft seems to think so. Look at any Xbox ad - the MS logo is nowhere in sight. Typically the only mention of Microsoft is in the fine print where they mention that Xbox is a Microsoft trademark.

also does ne1 think the ps2 can be emulated on the xbox

Yes. It would almost certainly not be fast enough to be a viable replacement for a PS2 though. There's more to a console than main CPU clock speed...

Originally posted by cww80@Aug. 04 2002, 1:30 am

...if you wait a while longer you can just get Halo for PC...

Yeah, and if you jsut wait a little while, you can get MGS2 on PC.

PS2 may have a large and varied library, but it doesn't have many great games. None of the current systems do. I never said anything about the PS2 and Xbox libraries to be equal, I said they ahve an equal number of great games, (about 3-5 IMO).

It is my resoning that if you bought a PS2 within the first several months, your opinion doens't count. Seing as there was nothing good to play.

As for the future of Xbox and PS2, the PS2 obviously is at the disadvantage. Face it, the lineup sucks. They're pulling a Nintendo, there are more sequels than not.

I never liked PSX or PSX2 because of its low resolution graphics. Even on the PSX2, they strech the picture to simulate resolution and that just makes jaggies show up.

Originally posted by Cecilia Chen@Aug. 05 2002, 2:45 pm

I never liked PSX or PSX2 because of its low resolution graphics. Even on the PSX2, they strech the picture to simulate resolution and that just makes jaggies show up.

That's true, but besides the point.

Back