Wow

Originally posted by Zero 9+Aug. 06 2002, 9:40 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zero 9 @ Aug. 06 2002, 9:40 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>I said they ahve an equal number of great games, (about 3-5 IMO).[/b]

That's probably about right I guess.. I bought a PS2 in November (sold it last week) and only bought about 5 games for it.

<!--QuoteBegin-Zero 9
@Aug. 06 2002, 9:40 pm

PS2 obviously is at the disadvantage. Face it, the lineup sucks. They're pulling a Nintendo, there are more sequels than not.

[/quote]

Don't know if I agree here, PS2 has Shinobi, Devil May Cry 2, .hack, Red Dead Revolver, GTA: Vice City etc etc. The Xbox is hardly shy on sequels with Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon, Halo 2 etc. I don't see it as a bad thing if the games are up to scratch, as you know they will be on the Gamecube at least.

you made some good points excyber

yes you can say theres a proprietary something in everything even my underware but my point was which you sort of made it more clear about it being an old model and thats waht i was trying to get at that theres alot of experience out there with the "old model" that would be a big plus -- instead of learning another assebler or learning to comunicate throught the board or a new developer package

with a pc structure there is that basic (i dont even know what to call it but it eliminates steps in the learning procces )

sure there were pc games being ported but not nearly enough in my opinon and alot of them were ones i wasnt interested in or if i was the game play was so bad(because of the controlpad) im also trying to say that if it was a system based on a pc then theres the potential of many more gaesm being available

a few weeks before the xbox came out it was big news (i even saw it on the local news program) that xbox promises great japanese rpg made by the masters them selves and listed a whole bunch of japaneser rpg game developers that have signed on with microsoft (some of which ive never heard of) they also listed some of the games the companies were known for

as for the other comment the graphics looks tha same on the ps1 and ps2 to me too they DO look diferent but theres something about it that looks the same, mabey its the style , mabey its mental but i dont think so the last thing i looked at for the ps2 was screen shots of shinobi for ps2 and i actualy made a coment like that (it was next to screen shots of ninja gaiden for xbox whcih looked drasticaly diferent)

Originally posted by Zero 9@Aug. 06 2002, 1:40 pm

As for the future of Xbox and PS2, the PS2 obviously is at the disadvantage. Face it, the lineup sucks. They're pulling a Nintendo, there are more sequels than not.

PS2 at a disadvantage
laugh.gif
Xbox has so many holes in its "lineup" How many Rpg games does it have or have coming out for it?The PS2 at least has all the genres covered...also, sequels or not, doesnt changes the fact that the games are good
smile.gif
Are you not looking forward to Halo 2 or PDO, sequels are they not
tongue.gif

im waiting to see some rpg for the xbox i hope they dont come out too late (if the system is on its last legs) im strongly considering getting the xbox but the things holding me back are no rpgs and the news realeases i used to see about the ps3

I'd have to agree here. It takes me months to get through an RPG. Sometimes years - I put the game down and don't pick it up for a long time, mostly part way through them. I've yet to finish Shining Force III - I started playing that game two years ago. But I finished Tony Hawk 2 in less than a week (with ALL the characters).

Originally posted by Supergrom@Aug. 06 2002, 9:07 pm

there is a lack of RPGs, which obviously hurts the console a lot in japan (from what i understand), but in the US, the average gamer doesnt go out and buy every new RPG. Most gamers are casual, and the games that really sell are the tony hawks, and the goldeneyes because they are good games to sit down and play for a while for the hardcore gamers, but also have the quick fix fun for the casual gamers.

I said earlier that most people dont play Rpgs, especially in the US.I was replying to another person, saying that PS2 was at a disadvantage in terms of software. Speaking of Japan though, when a system doesnt do well there, it affects other markets.Few Japanese based developers will continue to support a system thats failing in Japan. (the japanese dont just make great Rpgs) Nintendo got lucky with N64, because it had exclusive (big name) games from Rare & of course themselves.M$ doesnt have that type of first or second party talent, making games for their system. (obviously)

Originally posted by Supergrom@Aug. 07 2002, 11:25 am

Bungie is soooooooo much better than rare IMO. M$ could use more 3rd party support, but to say "M$ doesnt have [excellent] first or second party talent" is a very big oversight.

to some people yes, but can you deny that Rare & Nintendo make games that appeal more to a larger audience...

no i felt that early on the game cube was more of a lttle kids game system until they started to change their minds and go for more adult games -- i think the same about the n64 all the games i have seem very kiddy to me (ofcouse there are exceptions but for the most part..) on the nes there wer games for a large audiece

also -- i did see a list of japanes comapies that signed on with M$ but havent seen any games from them yet - im sure its just a matter of time since they were(suposedly signed right bfore the release of the ssytem) and it takes a while to make a game -- i read an article that it takes atleast 2 years to make an rpg

no i felt that early on the game cube was more of a lttle kids game system until they started to change their minds and go for more adult games

If anyone changed their minds, it was people who assumed that Nintendo wouldn't accept so-called "adult" games (most of which are essentially "kiddie" games with more blood, darker textures, and crappy lighting) from second/third parties.

yes you can say theres a proprietary something in everything even my underware but my point was which you sort of made it more clear about it being an old model and thats waht i was trying to get at that theres alot of experience out there with the "old model" that would be a big plus -- instead of learning another assebler or learning to comunicate throught the board or a new developer package

The major arcade/console developers have little trouble adapting to new systems, the familiarity advantage would only exist for PC developers, and the Xbox also takes away things that many PC developers seem to take for granted (dedicated video RAM, big main RAM, keyboard, mouse, ability to go gold with buggy-as-hell code and release patches later, etc.).

sure there were pc games being ported but not nearly enough in my opinon and alot of them were ones i wasnt interested in

Examples of ones that you think should have been ported?

or if i was the game play was so bad(because of the controlpad)

Xbox isn't exactly a market leader in satisfying people who are picky about controllers (actually, I've gotten used to the standard pad by now, but I'm not sure I'd trust it for something really serious like Gradius).

the last thing i looked at for the ps2 was screen shots of shinobi for ps2 and i actualy made a coment like that (it was next to screen shots of ninja gaiden for xbox whcih looked drasticaly diferent)

Okay, so two different games developed by two different companies on two different systems look drastically different. How does this have anything at all to do with PSX and PS2 looking similar?

Originally posted by ExCyber@Aug. 06 2002, 1:36 pm

Okay, so two different games developed by two different companies on two different systems look drastically different. How does this have anything at all to do with PSX and PS2 looking similar?

Their point is that, nearly all PS2 games have a grainy look. Textures rarely contain vibrant colors (even "bright" colored games still have a greyish look to the "bright" textures), and the overall look of this just reminds people of the PSX.

personaly id like to see all pc games ported or ahhh actualy i rather see the reverse all console games on pc (but now it dosent mater - my wish came too late- emulators )

but in the past many games systems wouldnt be able to handle some pc games i cant think any off the top of my head --- but i screwed up, i had a brain fart, i shouldnt of mentioned it, because my complaint was always about getting consoule games on pc(wtf was i thinking) -- so i have to take that out of my argument -- i used to argue that the pc was better for games because it could handel the game system games and more, and offer you better control -- other retards would just say uhh ehh so forget i mentioned that

Back