WTF is wrong

You could dual-boot Win 98, but its a bit of an overkill just to get one emulator working enough to prove if a burnt game works or not.

ajnin->I don't know much about Force ASPI, but it seems to force CD rom drives to use the ASPI protocols demanded by many emulators and neglected by Win 2k and Win XP. Try a Google search
smile.gif

From SSFtribute's FAQ:

Okay, I have the BIOS file, some Saturn CDs and SSF on my PC, what do I do now?

First you need to rename the BIOS image and put it in the right place. For SSF you put it in the same directory as ssf.exe and rename it to "boot.rom", for Satourne you put it in the bios directory and rename it "saturn_bios.bin" and as for Giri Giri you can browse it from inside the emulator itself so dont need another copy in the Giri Giri directory as you can just load it from wherever you put it for SSF or Satourne.

Next you need to run the emulator and change the region setting to whichever one your games are for. This is in various place in the different emulators but generall not too hard to find.

Does that help at all?

Which emulator and not working how?

It should be pointed out that the emulators are not very compatable yet...

lol not really yesterday when I was about to chuck out the coaster virtua fighter I tried it once more on the saturn and it worked!!! but then when I tried it about 50 more time it didnt!
angry.gif

well this thread sort of went off track but I am having a similar problem where ive successfully burned and played 2 games and failed with 3 others.

Successful boots

Battle Garrega

Gunbird (after region patch applied)

Failed Games thus far:

Donpachi

Hyper Duel

Radiant Silvergun

I get these game to the SEGA screen and it doesnt go any further.

I do the double swap method and have a model 2 saturn

Ive tried burning the FAILED ones as is.......and also with a region patch. Please someone have some answers.

Does the region even matter when using the swap method?

)this question is NOT my primary question(-=---so please dont just answer this one.

I´m getting the same problem

I burned 14 games and just Daytona worked, all were burned at 12X

Shinobi and Nights were burned 1 month before at 12x too and both work great !!

10 games were "patched" with SatConv to Brazil, none of them are working, and the last 3 games are Duke Nukem, Virtua Cop and Dungeons & Dragons

one more thing, just Daytona was burned in Dr Hank cdr, all others were burned in generic ones

I´ve tried with SSF and the Console with the same results

all cds are recognized at pc

what´s going on ? :confused

Thank you !!

edit: I´m using the double swap method too
smile.gif

WOW lucky me, I thought I was the only one with this problem
biggrin.gif
seems like alot of people get the same thing, and no dont call us lazy, we have searched and read all the FAQs already
angry.gif

I've tried burning Virtua Cop 2, and Virtua Fighter 2, neither with luck, got 9 coasters beside me. Both games been patched to USA/Canada, and i use a model 1 saturn with swap. I get game disc is unreadable in this system, or something along those lines. Been trying for so long to get this working. I am starting to think that there is something wrong with the satconv.... I been using the win32 one, and tried the dos one, no luck... Also, with virtua fighter 2, i made it clear all the other codes. Please let me know what could be the problem. Thank you

Originally posted by neocvera@June 13 2002, 3:59 am

well this thread sort of went off track but I am having a similar problem where ive successfully burned and played 2 games and failed with 3 others.

Successful boots

Battle Garrega

Gunbird (after region patch applied)

Failed Games thus far:

Donpachi

Hyper Duel

Radiant Silvergun

I get these game to the SEGA screen and it doesnt go any further.

I do the double swap method and have a model 2 saturn

Ive tried burning the FAILED ones as is.......and also with a region patch. Please someone have some answers.

Does the region even matter when using the swap method?

)this question is NOT my primary question(-=---so please dont just answer this one.

region definitely does matter, since its seperate to the copy protection (its on the header of the disc, while the copy protection is on the outside edge of the disc)

what id suggest you do is look for when your either hear or see the laser unit move to the outer edge of the disc, espically after youve done the 1st swap, since ive found discworld 2 goes back to check it again, if its doing that then do the swap again

one thing if possible you might consider is to pickup a modchip, since it removes the hassle of disc swapping and just leaves you with the country code to deal with (either by using patching, or using a cart to bypass it)

Back