WTF is wrong

I burned 4 games so far, and so far only 2 has worked. Whenever I do the swap trick for the other 2 it just freezes on the sega logo. The other games works fine and loads up great, but these 2 dont. I tried patching it already but still no luck, anyone can give some help?

Could be a few things wrong here.

1. You might simply be stuffing up the timing of the swap with these games.

2. If you are using the single swap method (ie original->copy), then the TOC on the original disc may differ from the TOC on the copy, causing the crash. Always use the double swap (copy->original->copy).

3. It also seems that some discs will not boot some games. I've never come up aginst this problem myself, but apparently it does exist. Try using a different original game to swap with.

Good luck
smile.gif

1. Im pretty sure Im getting it right cos my other 2 games boot

2. Yes I am using the double swap method, didnt even know the single one existed, also can the original be any game or do I have to have the original of the game Im am playing?

3. I tried 3 different games already, with the same results ???

What are the games you are having trouble with?

Apparently some games make extra security checks.

I can't remember any off the top of my head though. ???

Originally posted by Weapon@June 05 2002,22:49

1. Im pretty sure Im getting it right cos my other 2 games boot

2. Yes I am using the double swap method, didnt even know the single one existed, also can the original be any game or do I have to have the original of the game Im am playing?

3. I tried 3 different games already, with the same results ???

Ok then. With regards to 2, it doesn't matter. Because the TOC is read off the copied game it is correct for that game. Using the two swap method only the security ring is read from the original, and all security rings are supposed to be equal. If you haven't got it to boot with three different games then there must be something else wrong.

I suppose another possiblility is that your burns are bad. I suppose you could try booting them in one of the emulators to see if they get any further...

Also, when burning the games try to keep the burn speed down to 4x or lower. This can sometimes have a bearing, although it's been proven fairly conclusively that it is not an issue.

That's about all I can think of. With my own saturn, some games just refuse to run. Most notable is Andretti Racing. I have both a copy and the original, neither work (although not in the same way your games aren't working). It could be that the Saturn itself is damaged.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the games that require more than one swap with the original (ie check for the security ring more than once - Lemmings 3D and Alien Trilogy are examples of these) will just dump you back to the CD player screen if this is not done in time. No crashes.

the games I am having troubles with are virtua fighter remix and Dungeons and Dragons - Shadows Over Mystara. I dunno if its bad burns or what, wat is the url to the emu? and will the emu run all games?

if i'm not mistaken, those saturn emulators are currently running at a whopping 1fps

thus rendering any game you attempt to play with them other than turnbased stratagey games utterly unplayable

I had this problem with trying to boot newer third party games including 4mb RAM games. I used to use the swap trick with Daytona USA, it boted some games, but some wouldn't. I tried a few more including rips I did myself and they didn't work. I found using Xmen Vs Streetfighter can be used to do the swap trick on all backups including 4mb RAM Games even though it is an import. If you don't have the game, try a later Saturn release even if it's import.

Only you have the power to make dreams come true....

OR

You could try upgrading to the newest ASPI layer. By the way - what version of Windows are you using? XP has sucky CD support, especially for the Saturn emulators. If Force ASPI didn't work, I'd guess your CD-ROM doesn't work with the emus...yet.

yeah I got that **** ass XP OS
angry.gif
dammit, seems like it has alot of troubles. I tried ASPI 4.60 and force already, dunno wats left ???

Back