WTF? Panzer Dragoon Saga Problem

Alrighty, my Panzer Dragoon Saga just arrived in the mail today and I'm oh so excited because I have a day off today too (sound perfect?), but I'm having some trouble...

My Saturn is:

Victor Saturn (BIOS version 1.01) RG-JX2 (JPN Import)

+ RG-VC3 VCD Card (JPN Import)

+ Pro Action Replay 4M Plus (version 1)

Now I had to cut a trace and solder a wire on my PAR4+ to allow me to play my 4MB games like Street Fighter Zero 3 (since it was a faulty first revision cart), I did that a while ago and my SFZ3 and other 4MB games worked, mission accomplished...

I put Panzer Dragoon Saga Disc 1 in my Saturn, hit A then A again (to go through the PAR4+ BIOS) and then in the typical Panzer Dragoon font it tells me:

PLEASE REMOVE THE CARTRIDGE.

Then I get kicked out to the CD Player screen and it says:

Cartridge unsuitable for this system

And of course if I try it without the PAR4+ the CD Player screen tells me:

Game disc unsuitable for this system

My other US games work as do my Japanese imports.

So...

Any thoughts or advice?

~Krelian

"As above, so below..."

"I try to lead the people 'in my own way'."

My Collection @ ign.com

This is a common problem. It's due to the fact that your using a non-official Sega cart. Search old threads, or use Antime's patch.

patch the iso to the region you are in, do a region switch, or find the action replay code that disables the cartridge check.

"Cartridge not suitable for this system" always comes up if you go to the BIOS and let the system analyse a foreign game, with an AR4M+ in.

Panzer Dragoon Saga tests the cartridge slot when it's started. If it detects anything other than a PURE SAVING cartridge, it will kick you back to the BIOS.

Hmm... never had that problem. Was the one I downloaded pre-patched, perhaps? I certainly did not enter any PAR codes.

Thank you About.com

Boot Code:

06002EB0 0009

Note: This code requires a Pro Action Replay Plus 4 in 1 version 2.01. This code will defeat the cartridge detection (Please Remove Cartridge) at the start of the game. This may not work for everyone.

~Krelian

"As above, so below..."

My Collection @ ign.com

I wonder if this conflict happens with the original Panzer Dragoon Saga US version.

By the way.: I have a chance to buy one original to my collection. It's pretty expensive :damn: is this game so hot as people say? :huh Is it really the most rare game to Saturn?

Originally posted by SegaTecToy@Nov 8, 2003 @ 12:21 AM

I wonder if this conflict happens with the original Panzer Dragoon Saga US version.

Yes it does.

By the way.: I have a chance to buy one original to my collection. It's pretty expensive :damn: is this game so hot as people say? :huh

An awful lot of people seem to think so, but I myself am not 100% convinced. *shrug*

Is it really the most rare game to Saturn?

No, but it is probably the most "famous" rare game rather than the rarest.

I too am rather unconvinced as to how good it is. I'd much rather take the money it takes to buy panzer dragoon saga, and buy several other games.

Uhhh... this is an original US PDS that I had this problem with...

Regarding it's worth: I've been skeptical myself... for a very long time... frankly I have a hard time believing in any game worth more than $75... but I bought PDS for $100 cause it wasn't a particularly bad deal (it really is in mint condition) and because I'm curious; if I don't feel it's worth the $100 after I play it, it won't be hard to sell and get my money back... =)

~Krelian

"As above, so below..."

My Collection @ ign.com

I was actually *let down* by the game. I never bothered even finishing the second disk. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, definitely by Saturn standards, but it's the greatest RPG ever as it's been hyped to be.

Originally posted by Krelian@Nov 8, 2003 @ 03:35 AM

Uhhh... this is an original US PDS that I had this problem with...

Regarding it's worth: I've been skeptical myself... for a very long time... frankly I have a hard time believing in any game worth more than $75... but I bought PDS for $100 cause it wasn't a particularly bad deal (it really is in mint condition) and because I'm curious; if I don't feel it's worth the $100 after I play it, it won't be hard to sell and get my money back... =)

~Krelian

"As above, so below..."

My Collection @ ign.com

I repeat: TAKE OUT THE FEKING CARTRIDGE.

PDS will not boot if you have ANY cartridge other than a pure saving cart in there.

Oh, and IMO PDS really is one of the best RPG's ever made, period, but it isn't worth $200. No game is worth that much, period.

I don't think that's true. The game only searches for the strings "ACTION REPLAY" and "X-TERMINATOR", and people have successfully used import carts to run it.

Originally posted by antime@Nov 8, 2003 @ 02:06 PM

I don't think that's true. The game only searches for the strings "ACTION REPLAY" and "X-TERMINATOR", and people have successfully used import carts to run it.

Someone said official Sega 4MB expansions will stop PDS from booting, too.

It's Alive...! ALIVE!

Alright, the Boot Code DOES work for Panzer Dragoon Saga!

I was thinking I'd have to hook to my Comms-Link to input any new codes but Antipasta told me I could just enter new codes in the Code Select Menu...

He was quite right (don't know why I thought I needed my Comms-Link), and the Boot Code works perfectly fine!

~Krelian

Sorry for the thread bump but I just tried the Boot code and it works well. I have the uk ver and a us saturn and it saves me ripping the games, applying an region changer, and burning the disks.

The boot code doesn't work for the US NTSC version, sorry to say. :\

If anyone has the PAL version of the game and can dump the first 16 sectors (as 2048 bytes/sector, instead of any other funky option) for me to examine, I'd like to look at the cartridge check routine and see if a patch can be made.

It might be impossible, but it's worth a shot.

Originally posted by cgfm2@Fri, 2006-04-21 @ 02:16 AM

The boot code doesn't work for the US NTSC version, sorry to say. :\

If anyone has the PAL version of the game and can dump the first 16 sectors (as 2048 bytes/sector, instead of any other funky option) for me to examine, I'd like to look at the cartridge check routine and see if a patch can be made.

It might be impossible, but it's worth a shot.

[post=145823]Quoted post[/post]​

k

Attachments

• CD_Segment.rar
    10.1 KB · Views: 151
  • CD_Segment.rar
    10.1 KB · Views: 143
Back