X-Men vs. Street Fighter

not much. 2d beaters dont do anything for me never will never have there is a just a lack of interaction involved, its just all about who can push different combinations of buttons and the big special moves on easy mode can normally be triggered by just a single shoulder button. this game is a real downer and i dont personally think its a perfect arcade port.

I don't agree with you John... Xmen vs SF is one of my favorite Sega Saturn Games. Action is great, speed too, colours great and a good gameplay (especially if you have the arcade stick).

In fact, it is a matter of tastes... I would rather play a 2D fighting game than a 3D even if it is Dead or Alive...  
wink.gif

Originally posted by Man-Jimaru@Aug. 06 2002, 9:29 am

I don't agree with you John... Xmen vs SF is one of my favorite Sega Saturn Games. Action is great, speed too, colours great and a good gameplay (especially if you have the arcade stick).

In fact, it is a matter of tastes... I would rather play a 2D fighting game than a 3D even if it is Dead or Alive...
wink.gif

I agree with you, When Marvel Super Heros came out I was extremely happy, and then with the release of X-men vs. Street Fighter... just wow, I couldn't stop playing the game it was the first out of the capcom vs. series and still one of the best (next to marvel vs. capcom 2).  I had a PSX and was very upset about the memory problems that made it so you couldn't swap characters like the game should be played, so I went out and spent $40 for an st-key plus, and another $60 each for X-men vs. Street Fighter and Vampire Savior for the Saturn.  That was one of the few times I think I played my Saturn more than my PSX.

I think most people hate button mashers in 2D games, but personaly I think if your loosing to a button masher, you really arn't that good to begin with. Anyone who button mashes or uses "easy" mode doesn't stand a CHANCE to real players. All you do is wait for them to make a mistake, and counter them with easy supers and combos. Only real newbies, or fellow button mashers loose to a button masher. Otherwise you don't even need to bat an eyelash to beat them.

I too was initially impressed by XMCOTA and MSH but XMvSF was so very exciting when it came out.  I loved playing with Wolverine and Chun Li.

It was the coolest thing to be able to play two different characters at the "same time".  Now we kind of take it for granted, but this was quite an innovation at the time.

Plus, this being basically the first button mashing fighter, it was a bit of an adrenaline rush those first few times you played it.  However, I don't feel XMvSF was nearly as much as a button masher as the madness that is Marvel vs Capcom 2.

I also got a big kick out of the characters like Chun Li being able to jump so high and be able to do her flash kick as she floated to the bottom.  

It was just those things that were so new at the time that made that game so cool.

Somehow XMvSF just has a feel to it that made it have a "smooth" feel that kept it fun to this day.  Much like SFA2 seems to have a smoother feel than SFA3.

Just my thoughts
smile.gif

I tend to agree with the previous sentiment that if you're losing to a button masher, you're not all that good at fighting games. Granted, there are quite a few fighters out there that have really cheesy character balance, but in the vs. series, they're still beatable with pretty much anybody, as long as you know how to use 'em.

And granted, I like the vs. series a lot, MvC2 was definitely my favorite, and this one's good as well, but I'm much more a fan of the Alpha style. Ken is definitely my character of choice in that series (why did you mess him up in MvC2, Capcom?).

Sarge

i was just amazed by the fact it moves so much better than anything playstaion could ever dream of, and crazy-fast gameplay isnt my favorite, but comparing it to SFA is futile, but This is my second favorite VS game (1st being the orignal MVC)

AFAIK, X-Men Vs. Street Fighter is the only game where Akuma/Gouki only needs one level to perform the Ragin Demon (i.e., Instant Hell Murder).
tongue.gif

Originally posted by SegaSaturnDDR@Aug. 08 2002, 5:54 pm

instant hell my ass, its nearly impossble to make contact with agaist someone who knows how to play the game

Check out the KOF version of the Raging Demon:

2k1YuriRobert1.gif
320x240 (342 KB)

ohmy.gif
tongue.gif

Oh, here's one with the butt attack of R. Mika from SFA3:

gifRyoYuriByBlood.gif
(50 KB)
biggrin.gif

Back