XBox is now modded.......

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
Heyas kids....I am gettin my modchip in on friday and I wanna know where to go to get info on stuff like emulators, media players, utils., etc.

Also, do any of you have your xbox modded? and recomended utils/programs? any to stay away from? Best emulators?

Thanks guys, let me know if u have a modded one......

After hearing that just what you can do with a modded xbox (emulation, movies, music, bigger hd for it all) I'm planning on getting one soon for sure. I really can't give you much info though, sorry, as I just started looking at this myself. A good start would be Here and here

What modchip are you getting by the way? Please tell me the positives and negatives of all this to help me out
smile.gif

Good luck with your new funbox.

---Ammut

also have a look at the console->xbox sectionhere

a factor of particular interest to me is the CPS2 emulation!

anyway it sounds like your going to mod your xbox yourself so i gather your no doubt aware of the anti-tampering device installed in newer xboxes?

anti tampering device? as far as i know theres only been two revisions of the xbox and both are easily modded.

4 revisions (1.0-1.3).

1.3 can't be modded with older chips, but can with the latest chameleon and xecuter 2.2.

anti-tampering device? bullshit.

final burn advance for xbox (FBA-X) is awesome for cps2 emulation.

I recommend getting files off the xbins ftp (need to go to irc first to get access by the bot), since most devs upload their stuff directly there, and it's 100% clean/verified stuff.

and yes, I have several modded xboxes, and make my own mods. I also use (samples of) xecuter 2 lite and chameleon.

thanks pplz..am gettin x-ecuter 2.2 pro w/ the pogo pin adaptor (so I do have to solder)

it can have up to 4 dif. bios can be on at 1 time...comes w/ stuff to reprogram the chip....as welll as a few more features.....go to system-mods.com and look at the x-ecuter 2.2 pros....later

errrr, dont have to solder. Just got the modchip stuff today...now I gotta wait for the pogo pin adaptor. Has anyone ever put one of these together? is it easy? cuz if it's not....I am gunna be pissed, hehe.

Originally posted by Ammut@Jul 15, 2003 @ 12:51 AM

After hearing that just what you can do with a modded xbox (emulation, movies, music, bigger hd for it all) I'm planning on getting one soon for sure. I really can't give you much info though, sorry, as I just started looking at this myself. A good start would be Here and here

What modchip are you getting by the way? Please tell me the positives and negatives of all this to help me out
smile.gif

Good luck with your new funbox.

---Ammut

i heard they have new things called "PC's" that can run emulators and music and videos, i dunno tho

Well, in my case we have 1 comp....and it's in my parents room so I get limited time on it. Also I wanna play the games and shit on my TV like I used to when I was a wee one. I hate sitting on the comp. and playing games, it annoys me but I can play em on a console all day long. I will now get all XBox games for free which is a lil' plus. I will be able to use PS2/DC/Saturn controllers on the xbox too once I get the lil' converter thing (magic box I think it's called). but, if PC is your thing then u can play on that, we'll have fun messing with all the stuff our xbox's can do
smile.gif

anti-tampering device? bullshit.

thanks for the awakening arakon i hope i didnt offend you
laugh.gif

perhaps you could tell me what i'm thinking of? 'apparently' ppl are saying that microsoft were cracking down on modding etc so in the newer xboxes there were supposed to be devices that cause the xbox to cease fuctioning if you tamper with it.

just trying to save bjammzz an xbox if indeed it is true.

'apparently' ppl are saying that microsoft were cracking down on modding etc so in the newer xboxes there were supposed to be devices that cause the xbox to cease fuctioning if you tamper with it.

If by "tamper with it" you mean "install a BIOS that's completely incompatible with your Xbox revision", then yeah, I guess that's accurate. <_<

tamper as in open the thing? i have no idea what it was meant to be its just a rumour i heard that microsoft were installing devices that stop it from working if you install a mod.

Originally posted by BJammzz@Jul 16, 2003 @ 03:05 PM

Well, in my case we have 1 comp....and it's in my parents room so I get limited time on it. Also I wanna play the games and shit on my TV like I used to when I was a wee one. I hate sitting on the comp. and playing games, it annoys me but I can play em on a console all day long. I will now get all XBox games for free which is a lil' plus. I will be able to use PS2/DC/Saturn controllers on the xbox too once I get the lil' converter thing (magic box I think it's called). but, if PC is your thing then u can play on that, we'll have fun messing with all the stuff our xbox's can do
smile.gif

Dude I would reccomend building a gaming comp and then hookin it up to a TV with a good video out card.

What MS will do is kick you off Live if you're running a hacked BIOS. There's almost certainly a way to get around this, but since such a hack would inevitably lead to massive cheating nobody's really bothered with it (or haven't realeased anything if they have).

There is currently no game that I would want to pay 50 bucks a yr for to play online. Mostly it will be used as a media machine as well as an old-school gaming comp. Will be able to save a lot of space and hookups running the old stuff off of the box instead of the actual console itself. and I have a V1.1 box so I am good to go...I got the first shipment of the ones bundled with JSRF and Sega GT

actually, there's no real way to get around it. once the bios is in RAM, you can't just modify it again, at least not AFTER booting a game.

which is a good thing, IMO.

@stack: basic ones go for as low as 10-15$, professional ones with more features for 50-70.

While you are talking about a modded xbox, I might as well drop a link to one of the sites I used to go to... www.consolevision.com . They are all about the homebrew/emulation on console scene. Although to get their stuff (which is illegal btw, no legal SDK for the xbox, only a stolen one) you have to hop onto IRC and get it DCC'ed to you from a bot. They just want to make sure the site never goes down.

xbox-scene.com has almost all news on any releases, and #xbins on efnet is the official file channel that 99% of the xbox homebrew devs use.

Anyone have any suggestions on which BIOS I should put on the chip? I have the legal flash BIOS that is based off of the cromwell linux BIOS I believe...I have been looking at different dashboards and the Evo one seems the best. Now do I have to have a special BIOS to run the Evo dashboard? If so, which ones? If now, then what's a real nice BIOS to get......I haven't seen much on the subject so I dunno and being a total noob to the subject, it would really help me out, thanks guys
smile.gif

Back