Xbox problems!! HELP!!!

Ok, quick question for dnguyen. Do I disconnect the hardrive i have already in the computer? I have 2. Could i just disconnect the seconed one and put the Xbox hd as slave and put it in its place?

ok, forget my last post! I did it, i connected my Xbox hd to my pc and found out witch pins need to be connected my the jumper to make it a slave. Here are my results for E and L.

Good news is L is a -. However E is a +. What does that mean?

I know from what you told me that if L is + then its bad. But its the other way around.

Sorry For posting so much but.... WAHOOO!!!!

I have bothe E and L negative!! I messed with something and now they are both Negative!! WAHOO!! thanks for all your help guys. Now just gotta mod my box and i get my stuff back.

you did choose the correct HD from atapwd right? The xbox HD should be a seagate or maxtor HD. If what you say is true, then you can save your savegames. Now, we need to access the xbox HD, you need to find xlinux or something, load that on your PC, and you should be able to access your xbox HD. I don't really know how to do this though, I just read about it on xbox-scene forums. Or, you could just get a modchip, that should solve your problems. Just to check, did you use hdddisabl to change the E column to -?

about that eject trick, it is only used for ejecting DVDs out of the DVD drive. Look a little below the right side of the XBOX dvd faceplate, there should be a very tiny hole. You need to insert something small like a paperclip diagonally to hit a button on the DVD drive, making it eject. Note that only Samsung DVD drives have this ability, Thompson drives do not. I had the same problem with my friend's copy of Halo, we had to open the xbox and rip out the dvd tray ourselves because there was no manual eject button.

All you probably have to do is lock your HD, I've done this before and its pretty simple. There is tutorials on www.xbox-scene.com, or if you need help just msg me on whatever messanger you use (i know you're on my list somewhere). :)

hey, after i did the xbox tools disk thing and reconectecd my original hd, my computer wont boot. It always says Invalid system disk. I can't get to windows, i cant even go into folders through dos. How do i fix this. Its my dads computer and he is gonna drop kick me in the throat when he gets home!!!

Are you sure you're booting from the right hard disk? If you are, you may need to reinstall the bootloader; I think there is a command to do this under Windows, but I'm not sure what it is (linux user). Try googling for 'install bootloader' or 'install MBR windows' or something to that effect. You _should_ be able to do it by booting from the Windows CD and using the emergency console, IIRC. Otherwise you may have to reinstall windows, which is a pain. If you go that route just make sure that you don't format the drive. You should only do that as a last resort though.

weird, make sure you connected the cable properly. Remember, an IDE cable has three connectors. The first one should already be connected to the motherboard. The one in the middle you HAVE TO connect it to an HD set to the master setting. The connector at the other end HAS TO BE connected to an HD or CDROM DRIVE with the slave setting. There's only one exception to this, if all the HDs and CDrom drives are set to "cable select" then it doesn't matter what order you put it in. Also double-check your jumpers.

It would be helpful if you gave me a summary of what you did... did you change anything in the bios?

oh yeah, DO NOT LOCK YOUR XBOX HD. We do not know what the HDD key is for his xbox. If we lock it with another key, it still wouldn't work. EAch HDD key is unique to each xbox, we can only get it from the eeprom of the xbox. What you can do now is get a modchip, or try that xlinux stuff, but I don't think you want to mess with your pc anymore.

Ok, i don't think I changed any BIOS. Here is what i did. After taking the hard drive out of the xbox, i took my second hd in my pc and replaced it with the xbox hd. I ran the program atapwd.exe off the bootdisk. It showed all the hds. The xboxs harddrive had a E+ and L-. Ten i pushed the securtiy systems, or master systems, not sure, and pushed unlock drive with user password. It asked for a password and i didn't have on so i escaped. Then the E changed to a - sign. Then i turned power off, put the pc hd back in the computer and turned it on without the boot disk. But when it starts up it says invalid disk and won't run correctly. Should i just do a file recovery with a recovery disk?

well, im just gonna get a mod chip. Probobly the chameleon (spelling?) so i don't have to sodder. Now to just fix my dads computer.

do you need the second hd? i'm talking about the one you took out in order to put the xbox hd in. Might as well unhook that for now. Hmm.. you try booting with the boot disk and see if you can access the c: d: or e: drives? You may not be able to access c:\, thats because it might have been reassigned to another drive letter, like f:\. That's what ahppened to me. If that works... then at least you know the HD is working..

I guess you could also check to see if the HD is detected by your computer. I think you can go into your bios and see what IDE devices are connected. If you see the model name of your HD, then that's good. Also double-check in the bios to see if the HDs and CD-rom drives you connected are in the right place (master/slave). I really don't have a solution for you, I'm just checking if you installed something incorrectly.

Ok, i fixed it. The BIOS was changed. i got it working though. And im about to order the mod chip. Thanks for your help dude. I really appreciate it. I'll probobly take my dads second hard drive (the one i took out) and use it for my xbox.

no problem, you'll be amazed at how much the xbox can do if you know how to use it.

I forgot one more thing, once you modifiy your xbox, you cannot use xbox live. If your modchip supports two bioses, you need to have a hacked bios and an original bios on the modchip. You have to load the original bios first before you play, otherwise you'll be banned permanently from xbox live.

Yeah, if you select any xbox live command in a game you're done for if you dont have your mod disabled.

That's why a switch is so handy. Boot it up with the original BIOS for anything that doesn't require the modchip - basically any normal usage of game discs and/or xbox live. That way you avoid that problem entirely.

Back