XP Themes?

I'm constantly dissuaded from getting WinXP due to all of the horror stories I hear about it, no matter how tempting the icons with alpha channels may be.

www.themexp.org has good ones. I have xp and i don't know what you are talking about, it's great! from theme xp, i got that xpbox start up screen... so funny! My friend came over and i told him i made an xbox emulator just for windows xp. hahaha...

"My HDD had to be reformatted thanks to X program for Windows 9X!"

"I can't play X game, and I can't return it!"

"I can't use X hardware device, and it has all of my X on it!"

winxp is like what win2k should have been...more like win2k with sugar coat. for people like me, who pay their dues to microsoft, it;s great.

i put it on my desktop which originally had 2k. everything that should have worked under win2k but diditn all works.

i put it on my laptop which had 98se. it used to be slow as #### but now it runs really fast.

Guess I'm the black sheep here :)

I run XP on one of my partitions and haven't had any problems, surprisingly. I did spend a good week chasing down XP drivers for all my hardware before I installed it.

I will say I really think XP is little more than a pretty point release from Win2K. Win2K ran a tad slower on my machine for some reason, so I've kept XP, and 98SE on the other end for DOS goodies.

I just got a new PC and my parents are keeping XP because it's "pretty"..... So I'm stuck with it....

And yeah, I was going to make my own but before I did I wanted to see if anyone could save me some work ;)

Quote: from MasterAkumaMatata on 6:39 pm on Mar. 15, 2002

For that matter, how many people use Win XP here?

Anyway, my suggestion is to make your own theme if you can't find any on the web. ;)

I only use 98 when I have too.... whenever else I use Linux =P

Quote: from archiver on 10:51 pm on Mar. 15, 2002

Guess I'm the black sheep here :)

I run XP on one of my partitions and haven't had any problems, surprisingly. I did spend a good week chasing down XP drivers for all my hardware before I installed it.

I will say I really think XP is little more than a pretty point release from Win2K. Win2K ran a tad slower on my machine for some reason, so I've kept XP, and 98SE on the other end for DOS goodies.

Well, 2k was an upgrade to NT... with a bunch of stuff a normal user would not usually need. And XP is an upgrade to 9x, with a bit of 2k's paradigm.

XP runs flawlessly for me, and I use styleXP to skin my gui, very nice and easy to use. XP has excellent driver support, and if a game doesn't run in XP, it won't run in 2k either, and it has a really nice firewall, except it doesnt block outbound data, which kinda sucks, but's good for a free firewall.

If you get a version that requires Product Activation, just pray that you never have to diagnose a nasty hardware problem... it will decide that it's running on a different computer after a certain number of changes to the hardware config and make you call Microsoft to reactivate. It's not a particularly awful procedure, but I've taken to using floppy-based diagnostics and Linux for tracking down my hardware problem so that I won't have to call every couple of hours.

Office XP kinda does the same thing also. I was installing a new hard drive on my friends computer and when he had started Word, a little box showed up saying something about Hardware change and needing to verify copy of Office XP. Wasn't a big deal though cause all you have to do is toss the CD in, and it magically works itself out :)

argh... i accidently set xp back to march first... this is a long shot but is there any way to restore it back to yesterday?

Back