• Rise from your gwave!

XP Themes?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hollywood Hasney, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Hollywood Hasney

Hollywood Hasney New Member

Anyone got any links to some good Sega Win XP themes? I had a look through Google and couldn't find any full themes... any links?

2. MasterAkumaMatata

MasterAkumaMatata Staff Member

For that matter, how many people use Win XP here?

Anyway, my suggestion is to make your own theme if you can't find any on the web. ;)

3. Raijin Z

Raijin Z New Member

I'm constantly dissuaded from getting WinXP due to all of the horror stories I hear about it, no matter how tempting the icons with alpha channels may be.

4. JCTango

JCTango New Member

what horror stories might those be?

5. Gallstaff

Gallstaff Member

www.themexp.org has good ones. I have xp and i don't know what you are talking about, it's great! from theme xp, i got that xpbox start up screen... so funny! My friend came over and i told him i made an xbox emulator just for windows xp. hahaha...

6. Raijin Z

Raijin Z New Member

"My HDD had to be reformatted thanks to X program for Windows 9X!"

"I can't play X game, and I can't return it!"

"I can't use X hardware device, and it has all of my X on it!"

7. eatpenguin

eatpenguin New Member

winxp is like what win2k should have been...more like win2k with sugar coat. for people like me, who pay their dues to microsoft, it;s great.

i put it on my desktop which originally had 2k. everything that should have worked under win2k but diditn all works.

i put it on my laptop which had 98se. it used to be slow as #### but now it runs really fast.

8. Raijin Z

Raijin Z New Member

I also like how XP is the emoticon for disgust. Mister Yuck says HANDS OFF!

9. archiver

archiver New Member

Guess I'm the black sheep here :)

I run XP on one of my partitions and haven't had any problems, surprisingly. I did spend a good week chasing down XP drivers for all my hardware before I installed it.

I will say I really think XP is little more than a pretty point release from Win2K. Win2K ran a tad slower on my machine for some reason, so I've kept XP, and 98SE on the other end for DOS goodies.

10. Hollywood Hasney

Hollywood Hasney New Member

I just got a new PC and my parents are keeping XP because it's "pretty"..... So I'm stuck with it....

And yeah, I was going to make my own but before I did I wanted to see if anyone could save me some work ;)

11. Artemio Urbina

Artemio Urbina New Member

I only use 98 when I have too.... whenever else I use Linux =P

12. Artemio Urbina

Artemio Urbina New Member

Well, 2k was an upgrade to NT... with a bunch of stuff a normal user would not usually need. And XP is an upgrade to 9x, with a bit of 2k's paradigm.

13. SkankinMonkey

SkankinMonkey Member

XP runs flawlessly for me, and I use styleXP to skin my gui, very nice and easy to use. XP has excellent driver support, and if a game doesn't run in XP, it won't run in 2k either, and it has a really nice firewall, except it doesnt block outbound data, which kinda sucks, but's good for a free firewall.

14. ExCyber

ExCyber Staff Member

If you get a version that requires Product Activation, just pray that you never have to diagnose a nasty hardware problem... it will decide that it's running on a different computer after a certain number of changes to the hardware config and make you call Microsoft to reactivate. It's not a particularly awful procedure, but I've taken to using floppy-based diagnostics and Linux for tracking down my hardware problem so that I won't have to call every couple of hours.

15. eatpenguin

eatpenguin New Member

xp pro doesnt have product registration thingy

16. gofamon

gofamon New Member

Office XP kinda does the same thing also. I was installing a new hard drive on my friends computer and when he had started Word, a little box showed up saying something about Hardware change and needing to verify copy of Office XP. Wasn't a big deal though cause all you have to do is toss the CD in, and it magically works itself out :)

17. Gallstaff

Gallstaff Member

argh... i accidently set xp back to march first... this is a long shot but is there any way to restore it back to yesterday?