Y's The Vanished Omens

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
Y's The Vanished Omens

2006-06-11 to 2006-06-17; Sega Master System

Once long ago, the Kingdom of Y's fell under a reign of evil. But the Goddesses of Y's saved the kingdom from ruin. Their feats were written in six magical books and hidden until the time the Goddesses would be needed again.

A thousand years later, that time has come. You are Aron, a wanderer. An evil sorcerer named Dark Dekt is planning diabolical magic. And the Seer Sara is desperately looking for a swordsman to help her find the vanished six books of Y's.

Now arm yourself and prepare for an adventure into the unknown. Where caverns and towers are filled with creatures and hoards of treasure. Where the strangest people have clues to tell you. Where your skill in combat depends on your reflexes.

If you succeed, you'll have the power to call down the Goddesses. Fail, and Dark Dekt will rule the Kingdom under a reign of terror forever!

PLAYERS: 1 (Up to 5 if games are saved and alternated.)

PERIPHERAL: Sega(R) Control Pad(TM) or Control Stick(TM)

NOTE: Includes Batter Back-up Memory

(C)1987 Falcom. REPROGRAMMED GAME (C)1988 Sega.

Attachments

• Ys_The_Vanished.JPG
    Ys_The_Vanished.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 177
  • Ys_The_Vanished.JPG
    Ys_The_Vanished.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 175
Y's The Vanished Omens

man, i love this game! it was the first i guess rpg i played, especially on the master system, i was the only one in my neighborhood that had a master system, and when this came along i was so psyched, after beating it i wondered when the next book came out, little was i prepared what would evolve to one of the most dearest series i have ever played, miracle warriors left a bad taste in my mouth, and i couldn't afford phantasy star yet, this was bliss, my buddies would play it and die oh so fast and get frustrated, i would tell em the battle system has a nuance, they never got it, and still to this day after y's VI, they still don't appreciate this gem of a series, kudos to falcom for this one!!!!!

Y's The Vanished Omens

It's one of the best SMS games.quite long with a good story but I had to cheat because I was stucked in a big tower (there was a pillar to break). Later I've bought Y's 3 and played Y's 2 also (can't beat the last boss) :)

Y's The Vanished Omens

I have this one! Haven't played it that much though, it's the nextnext game I'm going for on the Master though. :blink: (Golden Axe Warriors and Phantasy Star is above it in my "playlist")

I haven't got an exact hold of how the fights work in this one (got it earlier this year and only tested that the cart worked).

Y's The Vanished Omens

I believe that's the same place I got stuck on, on the turbo duo version of YS 1 and 2, until finding an article about it in one of the video game magazines. Apparently, I wasn't the only one lol.

That was a bad ass game though. While I didn't spend much time playing the SMS version, I had beat the duo version all the way through appx 3 or 4 times over the years. I do remember the boss being a pain in the butt but don't remember how I beat him. He transformed like twice I think.

Another game kind of reminded me of this one, lagoon for the SNES. I got to the last boss on it, and the game was fairly easy, however, I never beat the last boss on it. I probably tried 100 times before giving up lol.

Originally posted by vbt@Sat, 2006-06-17 @ 12:41 PM

It's one of the best SMS games.quite long with a good story but I had to cheat because I was stucked in a big tower (there was a pillar to break). Later I've bought Y's 3 and played Y's 2 also (can't beat the last boss) :)

[post=146700]Quoted post[/post]​

Back