12 player snake

Hi slinga,

Guess what ? 2 days ago, vreuzon, a friend and I played 12-player snake for more than 5 minutes. There's a small problem : from time to time, there's nothing to eat for a long time. Is it on purpose ?

Djidjo

No, I noticed the bug as well. What version are you using? It happens when the food is displayed in a position where it is over-written by a moving snake. So the food IS there, only you can't see it ;).

I thought I fixed it in the newest version, if not it should be a one line fix (keep printing the food during the while loop, stupid buy hey it'll work).

I had a version 2.03 lying around on my hard disk, I gave it a whirl and I didn't see the bug pop-up. Give it a go.

Attachments

• Snake203.zip
    80.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Snake203.zip
    80.3 KB · Views: 144
  • Snake203.zip
    80.3 KB · Views: 146
My 12 player balloon fight clone is coming along slowly. I have a temporary title screen done (the balloon is animated!!). I also have very minimal controller input working.

I still have to work out the physics, collision detection, sound, pretty much everything actually.

I expect to be done around May or June with something playable.

Attachments

• title.png
    title.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 154
  • title.png
    title.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 161
  • title.png
    title.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 159
Originally posted by slinga+Mon, 2004-12-20 @ 12:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(slinga @ Mon, 2004-12-20 @ 12:42 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>My 12 player balloon fight clone is coming along slowly.

[/b]

:eek:mg: awesome!

<!--QuoteBegin-slinga
@Mon, 2004-12-20 @ 12:42 AM

I expect to be done around May or June with something playable.

[/quote]

Noooooo.....I want it now! :rant

keep up the good work :)

Here's a screen shot:

It's beginning to look a little bit like balloon fight. I have the stars in the background working, the bonus round balloons fly upwards and animate properly, the players move around somewhat. I don't have any collision detection done yet and the control will need a whole lot of work, but the game is beginning to take shape. Of course NONE of this actually works on a real saturn...

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 160
  • screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 156
  • screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 154
  • screenshot.png
    screenshot.png