A bit of a Question

I've got a HIGHLY but minorly scratched Sonic Jam CD, and I'd like to know if I get it Resurfaced, will it still work? I'm worried about the little ring around the edge of the Game (The Boot Code) because if thats gone, there is no chance in hell of playing it.

I can't speak from experience, but there's no reason a quality resurfacing would decrease the readability of the disc. It should be just the opposite, of course, even for the protection ring.

The Skip Dr. Series of resurfacers seem to be the best. Worth about $40 Canadian, but one game saved and it pays for itself. Don't try the manual resurfacing techniques with the liquid, I've heard horror stories about that stuff.

Bootnut

The only horror story I've heard about the kits that use a liquid is that they don't remove as much material as they should. However, the Skip Dr. is not without flaws. It resurfaces great (although no resurfacing will save you from deep scratches or label-side damage), but it leaves the plastic streaky. It shouldn't hurt readability much, and it will probably work fine. At any rate its way better than scratches. Anyway, if you don't like the appearance of a Dr. resurfaced disc, you can use one of the liquid kits AFTER to remove that swirly appearance. That's probably the best combo, use the Skip Dr. to do the grunt work and then the liquid solution to polish it up.

Or you could just take it someplace and have them resurface it.

Back