a car.....or a computer!?!!?

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
Ok, so I got this link from a friend today...this guy actually hooked up a tach to his CPU sumhow to show CPU usage....check it out here

He hooked his Tach to his CPU to show CPU usage. It's based on %100 scale so when it reaches the top, it's at %100, in the middlei 'ts at %50, etc.

He needs to do something so it is more stable, whether he makes it update less or what. Right now it would be very annoying, with it wobbling like crazy. He says it is at 100% in the first pic, where it appears to be hovering around 5250 rpm.

it'd be a cool thing to do if u took a tach, and stuck it flush to the case of the comp. or sumthin.

I agree w/ ya, he needs to get it to be more stable...maybe update less and make it not as sensitive?

He also has enough there that he could measure multiple temperatures, power usage, etc - but that'd require more work. It'd be awesome if he had that hooked up to a watercooled rig. Then he could measure coolant temp, pressure, CPU temp, etc. He could also rig a "check engine" light to activate after one or more measured event(s) passes a given threshold.

So I dunno, I think it would be cool if it was made to be really functional, but it wouldn't be any better than a little panel sitting in a 5.25" bay, and it would take a lot of work. Not really all that amazing if you're just a computer nerd, but as he said you'd have to be a nut about cars too.

If he could somehow rig that (which unless you know programming you cant) to display real time speed and crap from PC racing games that would be sick ass shit.

Back