AARRRGGHHH... Girlfriend over videogames....

Me personally, I found the best woman. I sit and play whatever game I feel like, baring the system being in the living room, and she sits and plays one of her many games. Sometimes we even sit down and play Sonic, Animal Crossing, or some 2 player game. It's awesome.

I was always hiding my games from girlfriends. Games are "geeky" after all. (Or thats what most girls think). One day I'm siting around bored, nothing on tv, and start diging. I find a Genny and some the Sonic games. She hid it thinking I would find them "geeky".

It's been killer ever since. When we got married, we asked for, and got a Gamecube. Right know, she wants to get a GBA SP. The smaller unit is easier to hold.

And shoping is FUN!! For every clothing shop we hit, we go to 1 electronics store. It makes for some sweet shopping.

Originally posted by schi0249@Jun 14, 2003 @ 09:00 PM

Me personally, I found the best woman. I sit and play whatever game I feel like, baring the system being in the living room, and she sits and plays one of her many games. Sometimes we even sit down and play Sonic, Animal Crossing, or some 2 player game. It's awesome.

I was always hiding my games from girlfriends. Games are "geeky" after all. (Or thats what most girls think). One day I'm siting around bored, nothing on tv, and start diging. I find a Genny and some the Sonic games. She hid it thinking I would find them "geeky".

It's been killer ever since. When we got married, we asked for, and got a Gamecube. Right know, she wants to get a GBA SP. The smaller unit is easier to hold.

And shoping is FUN!! For every clothing shop we hit, we go to 1 electronics store. It makes for some sweet shopping.

That is a very sweet relationship. See, i try to get my girl to play games, but all she is into is the sims. She can play that for hours. So i bought her a ps2 and sims and she likes to play that together. But she doen't really like to play other games. Well, i take that back, she gets scared to try them cause she doesn't know the controlls. It was quite a suprise when i called her and she was playing Dynasty Warriors 3. If a game has to many buttons, she gets mad at it and quits.

Ok shopping, thats a whole other story. She hates doing any shopping for me. We spent like 3 hours cloths shopping and then she refused to let me go to the Toys/Videogames section. Sigh. When i shop for a game i spend a long time looking over my selection though. So maybe thats why, but how is that any different than her looking over the same pants 3 times.

I guess I'm a lucky one too then. My fiancé plays more video games than I do. When her PS2 crapped out and had to be sent in for warranty repair (damn SCH-3000X model with the defective laser unit that they refuse to recall) I made the mistake of lending my Dreamcast to her. Took me two months to get it back. She wouldn't let me take it back before she could finish Shenmue II, then not before she finished Shenmue I, then Evolution 2... But of course, the DC wasn't good enough while the PS2 was being worked on. She bitched and complained about not being able to play Hot Shots Golf 3, so I got Tee Off Golf for her. Then it was "the controller is weird." My response, "Well, that's because it is designed to fit adult human hands. That Playstation controler was designed for either small children or chimpanzees, I haven't decided which. Perhaps for small children by chimpanzees. But that's why I don't play PS2 games with you, because the controler is too small for my hands." Needless to say, that landed her elbow in my gut a few times. And she managed to kick my ass in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 without having ever played it before by button mashing. But how dare I try to get her to play a Bust a Move or Tetris game with me, she never does well with those puzzle games... And it goes on from there. LOL

To be fair, I've got it pretty good most of the time with my lady-friend (most of the time). The only time I get grief from her over games is when she gets stuck on something and I have to 'do it for her' (ie, I do it but she claims to have done it herself
biggrin.gif
). Mario Sunshine is probably the best example of this.

Originally posted by mal+Jun 15, 2003 @ 08:27 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Jun 15, 2003 @ 08:27 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ammut@Jun 15, 2003 @ 11:49 AM

unsure.gif
huh.gif
:confused :huh <_<
angry.gif
damn.gif
<-Phases guys go through in a relationship

You forgot this one

smile.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
rolleyes.gif
blush.gif
smoking.gif
[/b][/quote]

True, very true. With every bad thing she does, theres like 5 times the good things. Sigh, to be in love
laugh.gif

Anyways, Once i bought a huge lot of Spawn action figures (i collect them) off ebay for 200 bones. I didn't ever tell her. For weeks i had them and she was he last out of everyone to find out. She was mad cause i spent all that money on toys and she was the last to find out. Im sure if i would have told her, she would have wanted me to buy something though.

Originally posted by schi0249@Jun 15, 2003 @ 02:00 AM

She has trained this guy really goood.....

Most every girl I know loves to play Super Mario Kart.... and I just had deja vu, like i've posted this on the board before...

Originally posted by Myname@Jun 14, 2003 @ 03:22 AM

3. "I lose either way!" - Yes you do, and you'd better get used to it soldier.

Sometimes it does feel like a war, doesn't it? It seems like it's us vs. them. I'll bitch about something stupid my g/f did to me to a friend of mine only to have him say she just did the exact same thing a week ago. Bloody hell.

And logic? Pfft. Fuck that. Don't ever, EVER use logic on a female brain. It will only hurt you. Don't say I didn't warn you either.

And Nadius, that math is flawless. What class did you learn that proof in? Or are you just a math genius? Cuz I'm looking for an equation I can use to mathmatically prove that someone is stupid. Haven't had any luck yet, so maybe you can help me out.

Back