About the contest...

Since I have been away on a vacation for about three weeks and I have only been able to get to a computer once, so I have missed some things. What I wonder is, when should the Saturn Dev Contest end? What do you think?

no september after all holidays
wink.gif

This contest should have ended one month ago. No matter how much more time you give, people will only work at the last minute (just like school assignments
tongue.gif
).

Originally posted by slinga@Jul 13, 2003 @ 06:18 PM

This contest should have ended one month ago. No matter how much more time you give, people will only work at the last minute (just like school assignments
tongue.gif
).

It's just I'm on holidays from 04/08 to 24/08 and I'll have 1 week complete to make some code.

Anyway I can say my prog is the bootloader, only the picture is missing and it works on a real Saturn.

OO, since there so few entries anyhow, let's just push the contest back to August 31st then? And make this final? What does everybody think? Anybody object...?

Oh, I've been coding a little horizontal shooter, and I'm going on vacations next week, so the extension of contest date would be apreciated ^^;

Originally posted by Jurai@Jul 14, 2003 @ 04:10 AM

its not really fair to give an extension just cuz vbt will be on holiday, cuz everyone else wont be, so he will just get loads more time than everyone else

You can see that I'm not the only one in that case and maybe other devs have their holidays on june or july to work on their progs. As I siad before, if the contest ends soon I'll choose the bootloader as my entry.

PS : Jurai do you have an entry on that contest

I'd rather push the contest back and get two more entries (VBT's and Takashi's), then end it now and have only 2 or 3 entries.

Does anyone WITH a contest entry object???

Does anyone WITH a contest entry object???

I don't: deadlines are good for businessmen. We could make it a neverending contest: every time we get a new entry, we put a jury together and subjectively evaluate the program. It could even reveal hidden vocations !

Vreuzon: I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not. :huh

Seriously though, this contest should of ended earlier, but it didn't, so once and for all, Aug 31st.

Good luck to everyone who's programming :cheers

Are monstrously huge and annoying sigs a bannable offense? Just wondering, shouldn't have to scroll through a sig like that...

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Jul 16, 2003 @ 02:35 AM

Are monstrously huge and annoying sigs a bannable offense? Just wondering, shouldn't have to scroll through a sig like that...

signature page said nothing against it, and, its not much of a contest if the date gets pushed back 20 times cuz the devs want more time, its why its called a deadline

I think next year (2004) we should organize
biggrin.gif
- 3-5 Judges, Certain Limits... Etc... and the prices etc...

Back