Agartha (GunValkyrie) for Dreamcast Screenshots

Some game shots and concept art for Agartha for Dreamcast, which later on became GunValkyrie for XBox, have been found. Thanks to Segadult VGR has the lot of them to view here.

Yeah, Agartha was more along the lines of a Resident Evil or Alone in the Dark.

From Gamespot:

No Cliché and Sega of Europe has unveiled the first details on Agartha for the Dreamcast. This action-adventure asks the player to make the ultimate decision between good and evil. As the game's hero Kirk, the player can either facilitate the arrival of the end of the world or save the human race. The player's action directly affects the narration and direction of the game's story. Very few gameplay details are known at this time, but Agartha will have several online functions including team play and deathmatch modes. The story takes place during the winter of 1929 in a Romanian village devastated by earthquakes. The city of Agartha, where all evil is kept prisoner, is exposed as a result. Kirk will have to encounter both friendly and evil characters such as villagers, the living dead, monsters, demons, soldier monks, priests, archangels, and the evil Sentinel. Through this interaction players must decide whether to save the innocent or bring chaos onto the world.

Agartha for the Sega Dreamcast will be released something in 2001.

http://www.gamespot.com/dreamcast/adventur...ws_2623480.html

Originally posted by Presley Fire@Mar 16, 2004 @ 05:04 PM

Erm, Agartha wasn't Gunvalkyrie, It was a game developed by No Cliche that was looking rather promising....google it, baby.

Exactly what I thought...

Wow, those screenshots are nice. However, I seem to remember seeing some screenshots of Agartha and they didn't look anything like that (which makes sense given the setting...1929). What gives?

Yeah, the Official Dreamcast Magazine had a big spread on Agartha, it was looking really, really good. Oh yeah, lets not forget this is about Gunvalkyrie :p

I've seen some videos of it running on DC, it looked pretty much the same. And it wasn't any wonder the controlls on Xbox were hard to grasp, it was originally designed for you to use your controller and lightgun at the same time.

I have Gunvalkyrie for the Xbox and yes it is a very underated title. Graphics are great, story is cool. I don't know what the problem was with the controls. Yeah, they take a little getting used to but nothing as horrid as any Resident Evil game. I would recommend it, especially since it must be in many bargain bins by now.

It is poorly rated, as it is a rather weak game. Graphics are OK, story is OK, but they put WAYYY too much emphasis on flying around perfectly, and not as much on fighting or exploring. Basically, it plays like an arcade game with sometimes tedious levels and saving. Yes, I own it, yes its OK - but its not good. Just alright.

Hmm... I remember seeing those very same screenshots in IGN yonks ago. It's not like they are never-seen-before-just-found-screnies.

And I tought this had turned into Gunvalkyire. That suit just looks similar.

--EDIT--

I knew something was wrong. Those screenies ARE from the DC Gunvalkyrie. Agartha is a totally different game. Someone fix that ASAP.

^hes right, I remember seeing those actual agartha screens long ago. It would've been a nice looking game for sure...

As for Gunvalkyrie, I rented it on xbox when it first came out and found it to be decent. Now that I've seen it for cheap ($7 range) I probably will pick it up and think about continuing where I left off.

---Ammut

Back