Almost no SEGA news? Bullshit! Nights : Journey of Dreams

ya, it's gunne be sweet, and I bet it'll be cool w/ the wiimote.

I bet we'll be seeing the origional NiGHTS on the VC stuff too :).

That or the original NiGHTS as a bonus on the Wii game or something, that would be sweet too.

...wow.

If this works out, this game will make the greatest use of the wiimote, period.

Though, I'll wait for an 'official' word from Nintendo - it's Spong's 'anonymous source close to the project'.

From another article here:

Lending credence to the rumour is the revelation that the game is apparently not being developed by Sega. Prope, founded by Yuji Naka (the creator of Sonic the Hedgehog), is instead believed to be developing the game. This fits with comments from April 2006 by Famitsu that NiGHTS was to be one of Naka's pet projects, to be released on the then-named Revolution. However, this contradicts a very recent advertisement by Prope to hire developers, where Naka explicitly said that Prope will not be developing any sequels to Sega properties.

While it is possible that the new game is not a sequel (therefore making Naka's statement technically correct), it does confuse matters somewhat. As the discussion clearly demonstrates though, despite never achieving strong sales on the Sega Saturn, NiGHTS retains a place in gamers' hearts and hopes.

Much too confusing for me, personally, as this muddies the franchise rights a little bit.

Hell, with the recent release of some of Sega's titles I'd say we're better off, lol.

I just wanna see it, and I want it to remain true to the origional and have some more added flavor/replayability. Lets just hope we see it, and lets hope it's as badass as it can be, regardless of who makes it, or when it comes out.

This is the poster that started the rampant speculation.

After seeing the poster, it looks like a dead ringer to Nights.

Quoting an article from Nintendojo:

Update: NiGHTS to Wii Rumors Spread Like Wildfire

3/19/2007, 1:18pm Eastern Time

The Official Nintendo Magazine, a UK-based publication, is touting a world exclusive announcement regarding an unannounced Wii title to be revealed in its upcoming April issue.

Since receiving word about the teaser announcement, rumors have persisted about the possible revelation of NiGHTS being the soon to be announced title. The NiGHTS series has not had a full-fledged release since the days of Sega Saturn.

With ONM and SEGA not yet confirming or denying the rumors surrounding NiGHTS, gamers will have to wait for ONM's April issue to arrive in order to discover what classic game may be making its long awaited return, NiGHTS or otherwise.

Update:

Moderators at the ONM forums contend that the teaser is real, and that the magazine will indeed be revealing a classic game making a return. The NiGHTS part of this rumor, however, is purely conjecture put into play by other websites. NiGHTS fans should in no way get their hopes up just yet. (dm)

April is a long ways away... :) Now, is this a well planned April Fool's joke?

"Almost no SEGA news? Bullshit!" reminds me my topics I've posted some days ago :) Sure there is a link :)

That's fantastic! Though it seems to be referring to the same Spong article as before, from a day or two ago. Fourteen hours ago, another site said that Naka is quoted as saying he's not working on Nights.

Does anyone have the link to the actual press release from Sega OR Prope?

gamereactor_nights.jpg

No more rumors. No more speculation. Swedish videogame mag GameReactor has released a teaser image of their upcoming April issue—they're quite serious, mind you—featuring their "exklusivt!"

Source : http://bitkari.kotaku.com/

I was a bit disapointed and search for more details and finally found the first screensshots !!!

The graphics do look a bit simple but that is probably all the Wii is capable of.

Kuta said:
The graphics do look a bit simple but that is probably all the Wii is capable of.

I doubt it. The system isn't even a year old, so we don't know what the maximum processing power of this system really is, yet. As an example, compare Altered Beast for the Genesis to say Streets of Rage 3. Or even God of War 1 versus God of War 2 for the PS2. Or the progression of the Splinter Cell series on the Xbox.

That's not to say that the Wii is terribly powerful - I think it's capable of a lot more.

That being said, the game looks gorgeous. I think the gameplay needs to shine here more than anything else, since most people outside of the Sega fanbase never even heard of Nights.

Now, let's hope there's a Burning Rangers remake... :-D

Sega is iving again some more details :

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams will feature shape-shifting masks that award the flying hero NiGHTS brand-new special powers.

In a scenario that sounds reminiscent of Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, players will be able to wear three types of mask which will allow them to explore the many areas of the game's seven dream worlds.

Full article : http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=161442

New official screenshots !!!!!

Attachments

• NiGHTS_EU_01.jpg
    NiGHTS_EU_01.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 116
  • NiGHTS_EU_02.jpg
    NiGHTS_EU_02.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 127
  • NiGHTS_EU_03.jpg
    NiGHTS_EU_03.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 118