Alright guys... Time to suck it up...

Yes, Grave of the fireflies is a good movie. So sad...

Grave of Fireflies came close, though. We need more movies to show how the USA isn't always the glorious heroes we want to think we are in times of war.

Indeed. We need more movies to show that war is bad wherever it happens. Show Grave of the fireflies at the recruitment center and they won´t get as many soldiers...

I have grave of fireflies sitting on my shelf, unopened... cause I just can't bring myself to watch it, cause I keep hearing how sad it is. I don't really get tears in my eyes during movies... but it has been known to happen during some of the books I've read...

I always cry to the ending of Terminator 2. Everybody I know (save for my family) gives me hell abiut it. People are always like "Dylan, it's a Robot!" then I always reply "No, He's a Cybernetic Organism, and he grew to have feelings and everything" People just don't understand. Bah...

Originally posted by Cloud121@Aug 5, 2003 @ 09:39 PM

I always cry to the ending of Terminator 2. Everybody I know (save for my family) gives me hell abiut it. People are always like "Dylan, it's a Robot!" then I always reply "No, He's a Cybernetic Organism, and he grew to have feelings and everything" People just don't understand. Bah...

:lol:

I'm glad you have a sensitive side, Cloud :)

Thanks racketboy. I wanna see Grave of The Fireflies, simply because I wanna cry. To me it goes like this, if a movie can make me cry, that mean I'll enjoy. I love nothing more than a good cry during a movie. In Japanese class this year, we watched Valley of The Wind Naussica (BEST ANIME MOVIE EVER!) and Spirited Away, and I cried during both of those. Everyone in the class (save for Lisa, who is a a girl I'm nuts about) was like, why are you crying? It's just a movie! I wanted to hit all of them right then and there.

yeah part of what makes a good movie is its believablity and the ability to relate to the characters.

If a movie can make you cry or at least tug at your emotions, you got yourself a good movie

Originally posted by Cloud121@Aug 5, 2003 @ 05:10 PM

Thanks racketboy. I wanna see Grave of The Fireflies, simply because I wanna cry. To me it goes like this, if a movie can make me cry, that mean I'll enjoy. I love nothing more than a good cry during a movie. In Japanese class this year, we watched Valley of The Wind Naussica (BEST ANIME MOVIE EVER!) and Spirited Away, and I cried during both of those. Everyone in the class (save for Lisa, who is a a girl I'm nuts about) was like, why are you crying? It's just a movie! I wanted to hit all of them right then and there.

Japanese cla...wha? I thought you were in highschool you takin this on the side or something?

Spirited Away is an awseome movie, but what was it that made you cry Cloud121?

I didn't think it was particularly sad... :huh

I can't remember the movie all that much. It was when... Chihiro and the dragon guy (can't remember his name) wereflying, and she found out what his real name was, and he became human again. And then when they were flying around embraced (Uh.. I THINK that's what happened) and talking to each other. That really got me.

Edit: Gallstaff: One of the foreign language classes at school is Japanese. I'm entering my third year next year. Bah.... 2 weeks from Thursday... I'll be a Junior...

Originally posted by Cloud121@Aug 6, 2003 @ 12:19 AM

Edit: Gallstaff: One of the foreign language classes at school is Japanese. I'm entering my third year next year. Bah.... 2 weeks from Thursday... I'll be a Junior...

DUDE!!! I freakin wish we had japanese here. We have Spanish (boring, though i am a spaniard and cant speak it), Germain.... nah, and French. All three of wich are boring to me. I always said it would be cool if they had a Japanese class. However, im sure its much harder than any other language, besides english that is.

I did german in high school... I still remember a good portion of what I learned (though I never learned all that much, only 2 years worth). I also took a semester of french in high school (I hate french). I tried a semester of japanese last semester at college... but I have this problem where I hate school... and all (don't get me started), so I don't study... and hence I didn't do so hot, I dropped it cause I was having trouble with the numbers... like the whole having different numbers for days of the month and times and all that lol.

yea not all schools have enough language choices

my school only had latin, spanish, french, italian

my sis school has all of those plus , japanese , chinese (madarin and cantonese), german, russian, and greek i think

cloud if you like a good cry then see grave of the fireflies - the first and only movie i couldnt help my self and realy cry - with the snifeling all that -- other movies i can hold it or just get wet eyed

Movies that made me cry...sheesh, without sounding like too much of a wuss:

The Iron Giant

Lord of the Rings (Fellowship) during Borimir's death scene

Unbreakable (When Bruce Willis shows his son the paper near the end)

ET

Star Trek II (I never want amazing grace played at my funeral...as if dying isn't sad enough)

And this is just off the top of my head...I tend to be a sucker for sad scenes in movies

Unbreakble was cool

I got more of a big smile on my face than a tear

BTW, I love M. Night Shyamalan's "big 3" movies. They all have great jaw-dropping endings.

I just remembered this one....Death of a Salesman with Dustin Hoffman, though a sad book, is an even sadder movie. Watching Willy slowly lose his mine and get alienated by those around him brought me to tears. Dustin Hoffman did a hell of an acting job too.

i know i saw some movie just the other day or week that made my eyes water but it wasn't because of the movie just because of what the movie ment to me. it was the movie in which jim carry forgets who he is and the town thinks that he's this guy that died in WWII.

Back