Alright guys... Time to suck it up...

Il Postino has done it to me on four or five different occasions.. You feel like a sucker for crying once, never mind that many times over the same film.

Battle Angel

The Sixth Sense

Sadly, Signs was shaping up to be a knockout, but then the end pretty much just sucked all the emotional energy out of it.

The kung fu movie Legend Of A Fighter, when he he finds the jade necklace in his teacher's hand, which he though he'd broken to make him angry, after he kills him (his teacher). That bought a tear to my eye. Excellent movie.

Just saw Finding Nemo for the first time last night.

Didn't make me cry, but definately pulled on emotions a good deal.

Esp since we are looking forward to eventually having a little racketboy and/or racketgirl running around.

as others mentioned...

ET and AI both hit me up, AI hit hard.

and the movie where Robin Williams was a kid but his body grew really fast, so he was 15 but his body was that of a 45 year old or something....

Originally posted by Zziggy00@Aug 13, 2003 @ 07:36 PM

and the movie where Robin Williams was a kid but his body grew really fast, so he was 15 but his body was that of a 45 year old or something....

Jack?

ahhhhhh... the wonder men (and women for the few out there in SX land) show there emotional side how sweet and adorable.

hey dont get me wrong though, along with videogames i am a giant movie buff and i get easily attatched to films and cry alot watching them (WIMP) eh shut up evil voices in my head...

list a few...

AI (i saw you guys say that earlier, i seem to have an affinity for robots)

Dancer in the dark (the ONLY musical ill watch, the song with the ending will bring anyone to tears, guaranteed)

Riding in cars with boys(only one seen, the only good scene in the whole movie.. the part where the father says bye to his kid because hes a junkie)

SLC Punk(now i was just really coked up, you know the part though when bob dyes)

One Hour Photo(beautiful movie)

Donnie Darko(ah man, awesome, im not religious but holy shit that movie made me believe for a couple seconds)

im not gonna bore you anymore and my narcicism is clawing my eyes out now for conveying my true mushy insides... ah ballocks, you all suck :(

all right guys you all put in what movies made you cry... how about videogames, any videogames that brought a tear to your eye.

or atleast hit you in an emotional way, maybe not a tear but you still got that feeling in your gut.

kinda queer but lunar2 gave me an emotional attatchment and the future music for quartz quadrant in sonic cd

Well, i havn't cried during a videogame, but my friend did in FFVII at the end of disk one. I have been extremely confused and outraged though. When playin through shenmue the first time, i didn't know it was a "to be continued" kinda thing. I was totally shocked and bummed out about it. I didn't even touch my dreamcast for 2 weeks after i found out i had to wait a very long time for the sequal.

I dont think videogames have advanced far enough to actually make a lot of people emotional. Probably because the aim of the game is you are the character being controlled and it's not usually sad if you are the one that sad stuff is happening to. And even then, since the game is interactive there isn't a lot of time, without taking away from fun value, to advance a character or story far enough for you to get attatched to it.

But maybe that's me.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Aug 14, 2003 @ 08:42 AM

Dancer in the dark (the ONLY musical ill watch, the song with the ending will bring anyone to tears, guaranteed)

Donnie Darko(ah man, awesome, im not religious but holy shit that movie made me believe for a couple seconds)

Very good calls.. I can't watch Dancer in the Dark after the first time.

As far as videogames go, I fell into the Final Fantasy VII trap quite badly. I was pretty much in shock for a couple of days after the incident (won't spoil it just in case, but I'm sure you know if you've played it). Probably due to the fact that it was the last thing I expected to see in a game, and it was so impressively done.

Originally posted by lordofduct+Aug 14, 2003 @ 09:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lordofduct @ Aug 14, 2003 @ 09:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>all right guys you all put in what movies made you cry... how about videogames, any videogames that brought a tear to your eye.

or atleast hit you in an emotional way, maybe not a tear but you still got that feeling in your gut.

kinda queer but lunar2 gave me an emotional attatchment and the future music for quartz quadrant in sonic cd[/b]

I could name a handful of Digital Comics that hit me very powerfully --> probably more powerfully than any movie I've seen. Also that sad music in Lunar: The Silver Star Story (If you've played the game then you know which song I'm talking about). Of course it's not just the music alone, but the storyline as well which creates the overall effect :wub:

<!--QuoteBegin-Myname
@Aug 17, 2003 @ 06:56 AM

As far as videogames go, I fell into the Final Fantasy VII trap quite badly. I was pretty much in shock for a couple of days after the incident (won't spoil it just in case, but I'm sure you know if you've played it). Probably due to the fact that it was the last thing I expected to see in a game, and it was so impressively done.[/quote] Ta :)

Back