Alright somebody help with a mod install....

okay i got a modchip from gamegizmo and i still have my saturn sitting here. the last time i tried a mod i fried my system because lik sang had the wire colors reversed from their install pics and i sent power to the signal and poof.....smokey dead saturn. now going by gamegizmos's website you need to know if you have an old or new style lens. how do you know? also, the wire that goes onto the power board, do you solder that in or just push it in? and finally what pin do you connect the signal wire to. the picture is just arbitrarily pointing like between pins 1-5 from the right.

First and foremost make sure you have a 21 pin saturn, the one with round shaped buttons, not oval... This mod will not work with a 20 pin saturn...

To tell if you have a 32 pin or 64 pin saturn just look at the chip showed in the two different pictures... The 32 pin chip is located by the cd laser and has 32 pins and is rectangular.... A 64 pin chip is square and has 64 pins near the cd laser.

The 32 pin chip signal wire is soldered to pin 14

The 64 pin chip signal wire is soldered to pin 8

Use this site for a better guide on doing this... http://www.saturn-planet.com/modins.htm

Also, You do not have to solder the Power wire, you can just fit it snug in place, but I recommend you do solder it.

You should try to use Mal's Mod method, By bridging the A+B points with solder you only have to connect the power wire and do not have to connect a signal wire and risk damaging your console trying to solder to a tiny IC chip leg.

More information on Mal's method can be found here http://www.litespeedcomputers.com/sx/forum...4368&hl=modchip

I hope this helps
cool.gif

Originally posted by Jaded God@Apr 22, 2003 @ 10:21 AM

You should try to use Mal's Mod method, By bridging the A+B points with solder you only have to connect the power wire and do not have to connect a signal wire and risk damaging your console trying to solder to a tiny IC chip leg.

I can't agree enough, and it's not because I'm biased - honest!
biggrin.gif

It's just not worth risking damaging the Saturn when there is a much safer way of doing it.

well i got it installed. wish i would have read this first because i was having some trouble at first. first i was using to much solder and i had multiple pins bridged....oops. then i had the signal wire on the 4th pin from the right (13?) because one guide said so (playthegames i believe) and the system didnt work. then i found another that said to use pin 14 (3rd from right) and it works fine now. BUT....i guess i didnt even need to do that since my A/B points were already connected. would have saved some time. but it works so im happy.

Back