Am I Hardcore?

I am expecting the arrival of a factory sealed veriosn of panzer dragoon saga. The question is though, should i open it or leave it in mint condition. I think that this is the same thing that goes through peoples heads when they buy starwars stuff.

How many of you hardcore collectors out there think i should keep it sealed?

If you can afford to buy another, do so. If not, open it and never look back. Or, if you want, you could keep it sealed and dl a copy from the net. Its become a little harder to find saturn games now that SX doesn't have their ftp forum, but if you know where to look it should still be easily obtainable.

File sharing networks like Direct connect pretty much specialize in that kind of thing. Why it and MiRC havent been shut down yet, I do not know

buy a fucking game then don't play it

you people baffle me

none of you are hardcore, go buy some pokemon cards instead

Originally posted by cherok@Oct. 22 2002, 7:54 pm

File sharing networks like Direct connect pretty much specialize in that kind of thing. Why it and MiRC havent been shut down yet, I do not know

IRC is not a file-sharing network. mIRC is an IRC client. You can do client-to-client connection in modern IRC but that is not the primary application.

I sort of agree with sizone. Buying a sealed game and keeping it shrinkwrapped... I dunno... just as a trophy of some sort? Or maybe to wait until prices rise and resell it? There are better ways to make money.

Open the damn thing and enjoy a great game. Be careful with the manual and discs and it'll stay in mint condition. This has been my two cents
tongue.gif

Yeah, maybe sizone is right. i'm just saying buy a new one because I own the game, and have already had my fun with it.

And now that I think about it, I'd open Phantasy Star III: generations of doom if i had it factory sealed.

Especially a game like Panzer Saga, there's so many people out there who'd love to play it but don't have the means to (legal or otherwise), so keeping one all boxed up and never played seems a waste to me..

Play the game; find out why it kicks ass!! Don't keep it sealed and locked away, because someone will find out about it and steal it. Then you will have no experience playing the game and that SUCKS!!- Just a theory...
cool.gif

I don't think having a copy to play is the issue here.

A copy can easily be arranged. :
wink.gif
:

Yeah - ALL games are meant to be PLAYED. Especially the good ones
smile.gif
the bad ones nobody wants, anyway...they can go to the trash, shrinkwrap and all.

Heh, I bet someone somewhere is proudly displaying a shrinkwrapped original of D-XHIRD on their shelf.... a future historical artefact warning of mankind's past wrongdoings, maybe?

smile.gif

although keeping it shrinkwrapped will preserve the value for resale or whatever there is one vital thing everyones forgetting...AS IF ANYONE WOULD SELL THIER COPYOF PANZER SAGA!!!! open that shit and play it till your saturn dies

EXACTLY! Money is the only reason to keep a game in shrinkwrap, and not a good one at that. Games are for players, not greedy people.
smile.gif

I see what everyone's saying about playing the game, but I usually make back-ups of my software as a general rule, just so I won't have to buy it again in case something happens. Just helps to keep it in even minter (more mint, mintier?) condition. I don't buy it twice though, nooooo way, I have too many games I want to get to be wasting money doing that.

But hey whatever floats your boat!

Of course you can't make backups of anything until you open its shrinkwrap. So that makes the whole point of "whether or not" moot right there. Issue settled, end of thread, would one of the admins kindly close it.
tongue.gif
smile.gif

Originally posted by Taelon@Oct. 30 2002, 5:11 pm

Of course you can't make backups of anything until you open its shrinkwrap. So that makes the whole point of "whether or not" moot right there.

Actually, even that point is irrelevant.

I just remembered that Berty already has a back up of PDS.
biggrin.gif

I guess it comes down to whether or not he should open it up to experience the joys of original CDs, a manual and other associated goodies.

AAUGGHHH!!!!

OK, so if he already HAD a backup, why did he even BUY the original game?? *gahh* If it wasn't to play it, and if he wasn't sure whether to keep it shrinkwrapped, THEN WHY?

I'm telling you, this is getting to be just plain madness, the whole thing.
tongue.gif

Okay!!!!

Just to make alot of peoiple happy,

I HAVE OPENED THE GAME!!!!!!

and i have played it and yes, i have enjoyed all of the goodness that comes with an original game, ie manuals etc. There defineatly is something to be said here for owners of original games though, and that is nothing can compare to owning the originals of games. Even though i get as many backups as possible, i still go out and try and get originals of back-up games that i really enjoy.

Back