An idea for all Sega fans...

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
I have been wanting to do this for quite sum time now. Make a review Webpage for Genny/32x/CD/Saturn/Pico/GG/SMS games. Start mainly with genny/32X/cd then move onto other stuff. Just set up a rating table where we rate on certain categories, average out those categories and then have like 5 ppl review it and average out their score. and each of those ppl leave comments on it and stuff. Kind of like Nintendo Powers reviews but not so giving and a lot more detailed. We just need sum dedicated 16-bit fans that Are really into their Genny and know a lot. We can just use emulaotrs to test the games out, I hope I don't get in trouble for mentioning that ???

woah i'd love to help! Sounds like a good way to help those confused people unknowladgeable of the 16 era. But how would we do pico stuff? I doubt there are any emus let alone people who own the system.

My aunt has a Pico and almost all games for it. This would of course be one of the least important things though. Would be nice to have screen and pics of it though wouldn't it?

Everyone who wants to join up, send me an e-mail and tell me how you would be qualified. Tell me what systems you own/play. If you have a modded Saturn and stuff like that. Just anything that would help.

i wonder why no more people are interested. I blame mysticales personally... didn't work for her so people probably figure it won't this time... but i still think this is a good idea.

I would be willing to contribute too.

We could just add stuff like that to SX.

There are lots of good info and review sites out there but it would be nice to have it all condensed into 1 site.

i'd help just like skank said sx is going to start something up. (but i'd only help with sega cd and genesis since those were the only 2 systems i had(and if i get my sisters stuff i'll have a 32X also)

i would like to help too, but with the genesis and the sega cd i can only play through an emulator but i don't have that problem with the saturn

I am not trying to take away from SX. I want a review site cuz I have not found 1 decent one on the net where I can go for all my Sega review needs. And I have heard of no plans to have such a service here at SX. SO I wanted to get a group of ppl together, make a site that has just reviews NOTHING ELSE! Maybe like midi files of music, just clips to sample it, pics of the game, stuff like that. But all that pertains to the review so it fits. I am not gunna have a rom site or sum big FTP site. Prob wont even have a message board, but who knows. Now seriously Skank, how could a site like that take away from SX's user base? And if it did what would that say about SX?

But anyways, I think we can get enough ppl. so far only 3 ppl have e-mailed me. Need sum ppl who are real good at makin webpages since I have only made one and it sucked ass. After we get a few ppl together we can make a site layout and set sum rules and stuff like that. What about makin it a site within SX? Just making it another section or like NX, a direct affiliate. Set up a grp of like 10 reviewers? That way we would have space for it online, would contibute to SX and it's userbase, and create a place to find solid reviews on all sega consoles.

Originally posted by BJammzz@July 26 2002, 5:45 pm

But anyways, I think we can get enough ppl. so far only 3 ppl have e-mailed me. Need sum ppl who are real good at makin webpages since I have only made one and it sucked ass. After we get a few ppl together we can make a site layout and set sum rules and stuff like that. What about makin it a site within SX? Just making it another section or like NX, a direct affiliate. Set up a grp of like 10 reviewers? That way we would have space for it online, would contibute to SX and it's userbase, and create a place to find solid reviews on all sega consoles.

I didn't email you, but I am interested in helping, like I mention before. I'm a real Sega junkie with all the systems.

I have lots of web design experience. I'm a programmer and have done some web work on the side. I was also a graphic design minor and the design stuff is my favorite part.

I'd be happy to work on some stuff -- but time is my only issue. I have a nice job and a family and that comes first
smile.gif

I also think that we should be at least linked from SX -- if anything, have some good traffic going. SX is a great site and I would love to expand off of it.

i'm great with flash sprites if that helps. I could do some cool intros and stuff if you like. I can do it up so it looks like it's comming from an authentic sega game for example.

Back