• Rise from your gwave!

An intresting little PC (console style) RPG

Discussion in 'General' started by KSamurai, Oct 16, 2001.

1. KSamurai

KSamurai New Member

Ever wondered what happened to some of those Japanese style games that never make it over seas (No I don't mean those H-Games! *BAPP!*:p). Well I've found something quite intresting recently going by the name of Arcturus - The Curse and Loss of Divinity.

Its a game made by WizardSoft (a Korean Company) that looks to be a console style RPG for the PC in the shape of a really nice XenoGears type engine. What is intresting thing is that this game looks like its to be translated into ENGLISH. Well its only a small Alpha demo and is only partically complate atm but is intresting never the less.

Take a look at a couple of these screenshots and see what you think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can download the Alpha Demo here (130 MB's) from their official site. its a bit of a heavy download but if you have the time and on a good connection it maybe worth taking a look. I have anyway and it looks to be very nice :) Hopefully we can finally see more of these types of RPG's coming to the P.C overseas.

*Sorry if you think I'm spamming btw, but I though this little number deserved some attention*

2. CrazyTaxi

CrazyTaxi New Member

Looks cool...i don't think its being translated to english though.(i could be wrong though).. a lot of japanese games have some english in them...mostly in the menus...

3. KSamurai

KSamurai New Member

This demo I've download has (mostly anyway), including the main dialog throughout the demo. A little Engrish at times but I think thats to be a expected lol :) Better than a few translations I've seen anyway.

4. SkankinMonkey

SkankinMonkey Member

I think that is made by the same company that makes ragnarok online (www.ragnarokonline.com) free online rpg.