Anime suggestion?

OK, I need some anime. So far, I've seen Cowboy Bebop (^_^), Neon Genesis Evangelion (^_^), Akira (^_^), most of Please Save My Earth (^_^), and Ghost in the Shell (v_v).

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I should see next? (Please, no Dragon Ball/Pokemon/Digimon/Sailor Moon/The Big O!)

• 3x3 Eyes (although still incomplete story-wise)
  • Battle Angel
  • Crying Freeman
  • DNA^2
  • Fushigi Yugi
  • Gundam Wing
  • Tenchi Muyo
  • The Irresponsible Captain Tylor

1. Slayers (original/next/try)

2. Ranma 1/2

3. Tenchi Muyo

4. Serial Experiments Lain

5. Love Hina

6. Oh My Goddess

7. Vandread

Battle Angel

Ewww... I hate the Battle Angel anime. They changed it way too much from the manga (Battle Angel Alita).

No suggesting Dragon Ball? Well, if you've only seen the dub, I highly suggest you see the sub. It's SOOOOOO much better.

Other than that, here's a few suggestions:

Princess Mononoke

Ninja Scroll

Gensomaden Saiyuki

(Edited by Shentar at 10:48 pm on Nov. 26, 2001)

Urotsukidoji

La Blue Girl

Nightwarriors Darkstalker's Revenge

Ranma 1/2

Serial Experiment Lain

Vampire Hunter D {and D2k if you have a theater playing it}

Lensman

Robot Carnival

Vampire Princess Miyu

Grave of the Fireflies

Mystery of the Necronomicon

*c0f*

Quote: from Shentar on 9:47 pm on Nov. 26, 2001

Ewww... I hate the Battle Angel anime. They changed it way too much from the manga (Battle Angel Alita).
Did you see the dubbed or subbed version? I saw the subbed version first, and then the manga. The manga was really good; they should've made more of it for the anime.

All I've gotten to see is what was shown on one of the Encore channels on TV, which was of course dubbed (*shudders*). That's why I don't mean things changed in the ways of things said, or anything like that, but in things that happen, length, and that kind of stuff. Things that can't change (much) from dubbing.

(Edited by Shentar at 11:37 pm on Nov. 26, 2001)

OH MY GOD!! why hasn't anyone mentioned Sailor Moon or Gundam Wing? *gasp*Wdit: oh wait, I saw Akuma mention Gundam. Question: Why don't you want Sailor Moon? (I can understand Dragonball, I hate that #### show. Virtually no story, and what story they have, it's pathetic!)

(Edited by Cloud121 at 10:27 pm on Nov. 26, 2001)

Actually, I find DB to have a good storyline. It's a great show. Just DON'T WATCH THE DUB!!! I can not stress that enough.

And I would have suggested Sailor Moon had he not said not to. But then I suggested DB, and he said not to, so I really should have suggested Sailor Moon too.

Actually Dragonball does have a non-trivial story, they just tend to #### near completely forget about it when a Big Fight happens. And of course, every Big Fight has to take on the order of 30 episodes or so to complete ("Last time, on Dragon Ball Z, Goku started charging a Genki Dama ... Next time on Dragon Ball Z, Goku may or may not* throw the Genki Dama!).

* - Sorry, had to work in a gratuitous Guide reference.

Dragon Ball is loosely based on the Chinese folk Tale Journey to the West. I suggest you read that. Also, a good anime to watch would be Legend of Arislan

Hi:

1.) The Slayers<---------Great Anime.

2.) Record of Lodoss War<-------Awesome Anime

3.) Bubble Gum Crisis<----------Pretty Good Anime

~Smmify

Well, Cloud121, after watching a few CN and WB episodes of Sailor Moon, I can say that it doesn't grab my attention, and pretty much scares me too. Now I know some people will say don't knock it unless you watch like 5 or 10, but if it doesn't grab my interest, I'm not going to stick around 10 epps to see if it gets good.

I dislike the dubbed dragon ball (I have yet to see any subs) because:

1) It's ugly

2) It really doesn't have a story

3) It's repetitive, ergo

4) It's boring as ####

I know that a lot of people watch the show for the characters, but I can't stand them either.

OK, I know someone with Lain, so I guess I'll try that next.

Thank you all for your input! :)

Let's see.. Trigun is just plain awesome. So is Neon Genesis, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, and Gundam Wing (as well as other Gundam series). Magic Knight Rayearth is addictive. And then there's the Vision of Escaflowne.. the soundtrack alone is worth the purchase of the DVDs. Outlaw Star is pretty good too. And so is Yu Yu Hakusho. So many series.. But out of all I've seen I think Trigun is the best, and FAR too short. Vash.. so dreamy.. (and I'm a girl, so I can get away with saying that ;) Well, maybe....)

I was just making a rush list before cause I was starting work on getting up my ftp (which ill list the info for maybe sometime tommorow in the ftp section). So here is a more complete listing of anime's I have watched and enjoyed (if they don't say dvd after them then I watched them on vhs, so depending which version you watch they may be different):

-Slayers: original/next/try on DVD

-Serial Experiments Lain on DVD

-Oh/Ah my goddess

-Love Hina

-Vandread

-Ranma 1/2

-Key: the metal Idol

-Cowboy Bebop

-Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventures

-Tenchi Muyo/tokeo/universe

-Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou (aka, his and here circumstances)

-Lodoss War: chronicals of the heroic knight

-Project A-KO (1, 2, and vs)

-Birdy the Mighty

-Armatage the 3rd

-Outlanders

-Ninja Cadets

-Battle Angle

-Master of Mosquiton

-El`Hazard 2

-Brain Powered

-Akira

-Ghost in the Shell

-Demon City Shikuro

-Neon Genesis Evangelion

-Princess Mononke

-ninja scroll

-geo breeders

-3x3 eyes

-Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran

-Saber Marionette (J and R)

-Nadesico

-Irresponsible Captain Tylor

I havn't got to see Trigun yet but thats supposed to also be a very good anime. Hope this list is enough anime to tide you over for a while :)

(Edited by Fabrizo at 6:56 am on Nov. 27, 2001)

Back