TRACK 01 MODE1/2352

INDEX 01 00:00:00

TRACK 02 MODE2/2352

PREGAP 00:03:00

INDEX 01 29:26:37

TRACK 03 AUDIO

PREGAP 00:02:00

INDEX 01 31:11:10

Anyway, I go to burn in CDRWin and guess what? I get that nice little CUE Sheet was rejected Error.

I would usually understand this one but this game is odd... Both data tracks are 2352 in a Mode 1 and 2 combo.

I don't want to burn it with NERO since my CDRW drive's lowest selected burn speed in NERO is 8x. I prefer a nice 4x slower speed. So if anyone has the answer go for it :thumbs-up:

did you even bother checking to see if nero would open it anyway? Despite not wanting to burn it in nero, that would be a good check to see if you have a bad cue sheet.

Saturn isn't sensitive to burn speeds at all, unlike PS1.

Seriously. I always burn Saturn games at 8x with no problems at all, and the few that I've done at 20x haven't had problems either.

Contrast that with PS1 - where a 1x burn has a few problems and 2x usually won't even start!

Not really to that Tag...

The faster the speed still gives more wear-n-tear on the laser... But this is a discussion I don't want to get into...

Back to the question.. If anyone can help please do so.

error.jpg

humm... have you patched that bin? have you tried enabling RAW MODE at the bottom of CDRWIN's record disc section?

If you have patched it.. I don't recommend you to burn it in raw mode... you may end up with a cdr copy with the original country code :p

Trying it in RAW mode right now... Seems to be going ok...

Ill edit this with the results... Anyways whats the technical real difference in RAW Mode?

Originally posted by Jaded God@Nov 25, 2003 @ 02:21 AM

The faster the speed still gives more wear-n-tear on the laser... But this is a discussion I don't want to get into...

First I've heard of that. I was under the impression that faster burning speeds just meant higher chance of errors/more errors. I burn stuff at 24X without any problems for both SCD and Saturn.

lol don't even start with him, he'll believe it til the day he's dead. He also claims that reading discs at a higher speed strains the laser *shrug*. We've had these arguments before, and I'm sure they'll come up again. It's his time though, if he feels that burning at a slower speed will help him then who am I to tell him to use his time otherwise.

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Nov 25, 2003 @ 05:06 PM

I burn stuff at 24X without any problems for both SCD and Saturn.

Does that include games that use FMV?

That seems to be the only thing that suffers at high burning speeds.

Originally posted by mal+Nov 25, 2003 @ 10:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Nov 25, 2003 @ 10:20 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alexvrb@Nov 25, 2003 @ 05:06 PM

I burn stuff at 24X without any problems for both SCD and Saturn.

Does that include games that use FMV?

That seems to be the only thing that suffers at high burning speeds. [/b][/quote]

Exactly... It isn't the game data, but the FMV's.

Anyways the RAW mode option in CDRWIN worked for SEGATA SANSHIROU...

Yet the disc is pretty noisy when playing it in my saturn.

nice.... just a question.. have you used satconv on that bin?

I think activating raw mode, will make the burner burn the bin exactly as it is, not re-generating ecc/edc codes...

so RAW mode cant make the laser work harder, the game sounds quite loud when loading things... Like a grinder almost lol :looney

Sigh....RAW mode just means that the burner gets 2352 byte sectors of data instead of the 2048 you'd normally have (for mode 1 tracks). In fact the simple fact that it only worked with RAW mode on means your burner is too old and doesn't support cooked format (ie 2048 byte) data tracks. (Same deal applies to mode 2 tracks just can't remember the correct byte values). Before you ask why other programs like nero worked, it's because they, unlike CDRWin, convert 2048 data tracks to 2352 before sending them to the burner since they detected that that's all it supports. CDRWin is VERY literal and sends the data exactly as is without doing anything to it. This was an old issue that came up ALOT with dual data tracks. Incidentally it's not the program but the burner that fixes errors in the data track if it gets a raw data track.

And please for the love of god don't start this laser wear bullshit again. Without having the original game to compare to you can't tell if a particular games sounds worse than the original.

X_X

All I meant is that the cd seems sloppier than most all games I have... And yes I have played the original on my saturn.

An old import store down my street once had an employee who I made friends with. He had a slew of original import saturn games. He let me borrow his whole case and Segata S. was in there.

Originally posted by Jaded God@Nov 24, 2003 @ 09:21 PM

Not really to that Tag...

Back to the question.. If anyone can help please do so.

Which laser?

Yes, CD burners do last longer if you burn slower (burning two CD's in a row at >12x inevitably causes my burner to fail now), but the Saturn really doesn't care either way.

And Saturn's FMV playback sucks in the first place, don't see how much worse it could get - and, the one game I can think of with actual 60fps FMV (Panzer Dragoon Zwei) doesn't have problems with an 8x burn.

Back