Any seniors in high school here?

Just wanted to know if anyone else was going through all of this stupid college stuff. It's such a pain in the ass, I've been up for hours filling out applications and writing stupid essays on topics I don't care about... ARGH! sorry, guess I just needed to do some venting...

Originally posted by gofamon@Dec. 12 2002, 10:46 pm

Just wanted to know if anyone else was going through all of this stupid college stuff. It's such a pain in the ass, I've been up for hours filling out applications and writing stupid essays on topics I don't care about... ARGH! sorry, guess I just needed to do some venting...

just wait to you get in college -- homework will make you miss all those forms
smile.gif

hahahahahahahahaha.. AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!

....HAHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA... *sniff*

kill me...

High School Apps were cakewalk. College is/was easy (I'm a senior). It's after THAT that's 'a bitch'.

I just took the LSAT. My god, was that thing hard. And I aced my SATs. It's not like the MCAT, which is completely factual, or the GREs, or anything.

Enjoy what you're doing right now, because a couple years from now you'll be looking back at it fondly. I know I am.

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Dec. 13 2002, 12:45 am

High School Apps were cakewalk. College is/was easy (I'm a senior). It's after THAT that's 'a bitch'.

I think it all depends on the school and your major.

My school was known for giving lots of projects, plus I was a computer science major with some pretty demanding teachers.

College was pretty cool other than the work though.

Originally posted by racketboy+Dec. 13 2002, 9:43 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Dec. 13 2002, 9:43 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MTXBlau@Dec. 13 2002, 12:45 am

My school was known for giving lots of projects, plus I was a computer science major with some pretty demanding teachers.

College was pretty cool other than the work though.[/b][/quote]

Like I always say "schools great...too bad classes get in the way". And no I don't remember where I got that from.

Originally posted by racketboy@Dec. 12 2002, 10:57 pm

just wait to you get in college -- homework will make you miss all those forms
smile.gif

that greatly depends on the school and the major -- there are many coasting schools (dont ask me which ones they are ) but i know people that didnt do shit in school ( even in engineering //compared to other schools//)

Originally posted by gameboy900+Dec. 13 2002, 1:27 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gameboy900 @ Dec. 13 2002, 1:27 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by racketboy@Dec. 13 2002, 9:43 am

<!--QuoteBegin-MTXBlau
@Dec. 13 2002, 12:45 am

College was pretty cool other than the work though

Like I always say "schools great...too bad classes get in the way". And no I don't remember where I got that from..
[/b][/quote]

I think it was Saved by the Bell.

Oh I'm a senior in high school actually, and yeah I'm doing all that college crap, except that its for University. Oh, and what essays are you talking about? Buh, maybe its cuz I'm Canadian.... ???

I didn't apply to any UC's. So, I didn't have to write any essays.

Not like my GPA or SAT's scores were high enough for a UC anyway.

Not like I took any SAT II's (other than Chem, which I did horrible on).

Not like I even have the work ethic of a UC student.

All the state schools in California share a website where you fill out 1 application and send it to as many state schools as you want.

I sent it to three: Cal Poly SLO, Chico, and Cal State Hayward.

All in all, this took no time at all. I did it in two hours or so.

(Watch me get rejected by all three and have to go to a community college)

Originally posted by racketboy@Dec. 12 2002, 1:43 pm

Let me correct that - once you learn how to study, and do the work, it's easy. I usually spend most of my day in the library... so take that as you will. I'm not terribly fond of my University, so I can't say I'll miss it when I leave... but it's all about the education, so no big deal.

Now, Law School on the other hand... there are people I know who study non-stop and still get C's, which is because the grades are on a curve, so missing two questions is a huge difference (since everyone works just as hard, and all the scores are pretty much clustered together).

It's really messed up, I know.

And I think with Canadians, if I remember correctly, you just have to fill out some forms and pick your schools and wait, at least that's a friend told me. It's a lot more ambiguous in the U.S. So much so that there's a larger and larger influx (or from my view, outflux) of U.S. students studying in Canada since the quality of education is just as good, if not better, and it's a LOT cheaper.

Originally posted by MTXBlau+Dec. 14 2002, 12:43 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MTXBlau @ Dec. 14 2002, 12:43 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@Dec. 12 2002, 1:43 pm

Let me correct that - once you learn how to study, and do the work, it's easy[/b][/quote]

well lemme correct you back
smile.gif

I was a computer science major with a graphic design minor which required me to on numerous accounts have one or two LARGE programs to work on at once while at the same time have a big design projects to work on. That I don't know how you could "get used to it" to the point of being easy.

Originally posted by racketboy@Dec. 13 2002, 5:36 pm

I was a computer science major with a graphic design minor which required me to on numerous accounts have one or two LARGE programs to work on at once while at the same time have a big design projects to work on. That I don't know how you could "get used to it" to the point of being easy.

I was also a computer engineer until I realized something that should be only a hobby (for me) shouldn't be a full time occupation.

As far as projects go, I had a lot of those as well. The work itself isn't easy, but it's not work where I had to teach myself to do them (programs), it was applying the stuff from what you've learned. THAT can be hard, however, in the grand scheme of things, if you stay on top of your studies and your work, then you won't have a hard going.

Perhaps we're looking at two different things. Sure, the work is hard, but when I look at my college career I wouldn't say overall it was hard... I go to a pretty rigourous university (it's ranked in the top 50), so take that as you will.

It really depends on your school and major. My major is Journalism at Oakland University. I enjoy the classes bu man, you work your ASS OFF in some of them. It gets pretty intense at times. Not for the weak or people who would rather spend their time drinking and pretending the girls they lay while full-on intox are hot.

Back