Anybody catch the Superbowl Halftime show?

I must say, I was thoroughly bored with the entire show until the end of it. You know, the part where Justin Timberlake pulled off the part of Janet Jackson's costume and showed everybody her breast.

There's a little .gif of it here... but I'm warning you younger ones, there is some degree of nudity, despite a very odd star (piercing?) covering most of her nipple.

http://www.drudgereport.com/janet.gif

Personally, I almost wish I hadn't seen it, with the image of that little star thing stuck in my head so, I almost find the whole incident repulsive. You can find close up pictures of the thing on your own... but I'm never gonna think of Janet Jackson in a sexy way anymore after that. Piercings aren't my thing... but whatever that was is just grotesque.

Originally posted by Tindo@heart@Feb 2, 2004 @ 05:38 AM

haha, that's not a piercing!! OUCH!

It's called a "pasty" where they paste jewlery/object over her nipple. It's not a big deal really, since this type of "nudity" has been shown before on broadcast television.

http://members.cox.net/www/janet.jpg

http://www.accessatc.net/~sodapop/sp-janet...n-superbowl.avi

It certainly wasn't completely over the nipple... more of around it. If you've seen the closeups, there's definately something sticking out of the middle of that star...

I don't know, her face didn't look to shocked... but I dunno, maybe it wasn't fake.... hmmmm :lol:

something i read right after the end of the show last night said all the higher ups at CBS knew it was going to happen but the NFL didnt. so the NFL was pissed off (rightfully so) that it happened. its sad all these mtv'ers have to team with washed up old stars to get "shock" value from people (the last one being britney with madonna). it's just stupid.

I can't believe people question if it was rehearsed. (I'm sure that was sarcasim used in your post Antime.)

Justin Timberlake apoligized for the "wardrobe malfunction." HA! what was her tit suppose to do when he reached around and pulled it off? How the hell did it "malfunction." It was all obviously intentional.

As MTXBlau mentions, It is even mentioned in the song.

Did people pay attention to when Justin sings "Cause I, gotta have you naked by the end of this song" and then rips off her boob cover.

Do MTV, Timberlake or whoever tries to issue an "apology" really think we are that stupid? The only malfunction is that MTV ruined a possibility to ever host a Superbowl half-time show again. Thank God!

Ok, Justin said this:

"I am sorry that anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance of the Super Bowl," Timberlake said in a statement. "It was not intentional and is regrettable."

But in his hand he held this:

r2794264459.jpg

Why the hell is he holding her booby cover in his hand if it's suppose to be covering her, and why is that part of the costume even detachable?

Funny enough, MTV.com has removed a story from January 28th that promised "Shocking moments." Hmmm, why would they do that. But google cache copies never lie. ;)

www.mtv.com/news/articles/1484644/20040128/jackson_janet.jhtml%3Fheadlines%3Dtrue+janet+jackson+shocking+moments&hl=en&start=1&ie=UTF-8]Google's cached copy of MTV.com "Shocking moments"[/url]

haha, now they are trying to cover it up, haha. it's rlly not that bad, I dont see what the big deal is? she has a huge star over her nipple.......and it's more of a pasted thing, not a piercing...

I think the whole thing was orchestrated to cover up (pun intended) the fact that the MTV producers of the show knew they had an absolute lemon.

The halftime "entertainment" was abysmal. A bunch of tired, half washed up stars (Kid Rock? Are they joking? At least half of his piece was him telling us his name and telling us that he was singing at the half time break at the super bowl), doing terrible lip sync for pre-recorded tracks.

The sound was appalling. I don't know if what was heard on TV was what went out to the audience at the stadium, but it was fetid. Complete with canned audience noises.

Clearly the "slip up" worked. Nobody cares that the show was crap. I think George Bush has a lot to learn about the art of distraction. ;)

Back