Anybody catch the Superbowl Halftime show?

Yeah janet Jackson has nothing on the Duck Hunt dog.

EDIT: I just saw a news brief on the titty incident on our local FOX News. Apparently if you live in the Chicago Land Region you can tune in at nine for extensive coverage.

I didn't end up watching any of the superbowl yesterday :blush:

As for this whole deal, he was supposed to rip off a piece of her costume, just not that part of her bra aswell (thats what the red material is)... or thats what I've heard anyway. I heard people bitching about how bad the half time show was though.

and yeah, i agree that she isn't good looking

---Ammut

Originally posted by Ammut@Feb 2, 2004 @ 07:08 PM

As for this whole deal, he was supposed to rip off a piece of her costume, just not that part of her bra aswell (thats what the red material is)... or thats what I've heard anyway....

Where did you hear that? :lol:

So she was suppose to be butt naked! I wonder what the other nipple looked like!?

I think most everything went as planned, and 1 boob is what they were aiming for. She had it decorated, and he cupped only the 1 breast as he tore it away.

One boob is a lot less "taboo" on broadcast TV than 2, and it was basically a Lil Kim outfit and nothing more.

My personal opinion is that it isn't a big deal. Whoopty doo! I was watching it with 3 kids and we just laughed. Damn, the kids use to stick their mouth on and suck milk out of the same darn thing. If they can stick it in there mouth, then they can let their eyes see what it looks like.

I just dislike how they are trying to cover it up and act like it was an accident. It was dishonest to the NFL and it was very rude of MTV to try to sneak something like this past the "NFL officials." If they just grew some balls and not try to lie and avoid lawsuits it would be more respectful. MTV is just for stupid kids anyways. P Diddy?!?! WFT?!! how and why is he even a performer! He can't sing, dance, act, his lyrics suck, all of his music is ripped off of other hit songs, and he's butt ugly. How did that happen? MTV has always shown favortism to music artist wannabes and it will be their doom.

. . . However, Janet Jackson kicks ass and is extra groovy and sexy. Anyone who thinks different must suffer from eye strain from too many video games. :p

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Feb 2, 2004 @ 08:52 PM

tindo...she's ugly, haha. she is michael w/o the white skin and plastic surgery....and plus 2 boobs.

Wrong! Michael cut his face up to look like Janet. Janet doesn't look like Michael, Michael looks like .. . . . . freaky lady like.

uh, yeah. so you have it backwards. :p

According to her publicist, she wears those nipple things all of the time. This whole thing was so stagged. Anyone whose pulled a bra off a women knows, they just don't tear of like that. My guess is MTV knew and CBS knew. Now both are trying to save face by pretending they knew nothing of it. And I guarantee the NFL didn't know. Look at how they reacted to a sharpee and a cell phone.

Originally posted by schi0249@Feb 3, 2004 @ 10:58 AM

According to her publicist, she wears those nipple things all of the time. This whole thing was so stagged. Anyone whose pulled a bra off a women knows, they just don't tear of like that. My guess is MTV knew and CBS knew. Now both are trying to save face by pretending they knew nothing of it. And I guarantee the NFL didn't know. Look at how they reacted to a sharpee and a cell phone.

Who cares? It was just a nipple! It's like 90% of the american public has never seen one or anything. The reaction seems to be 'OMG A NIPPLE WHAT DO WE DO?!?!' Well guys, I hate to tell you but.... :rtfm

I don't think enough nipples are shown on broadcast television. This whole thing was a step in the right direction. :D

Originally posted by fistedjustice+Feb 6, 2004 @ 02:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fistedjustice @ Feb 6, 2004 @ 02:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-schi0249@Feb 3, 2004 @ 10:58 AM

Who cares? It was just a nipple! It's like 90% of the american public has never seen one or anything. The reaction seems to be 'OMG A NIPPLE WHAT DO WE DO?!?!' Well guys, I hate to tell you but.... :rtfm [/b][/quote]

The reason why the big deal with this is that alot of families watch the super bowl with their younger children. Call me crazy but I don't think you'll find that many parents who want their young children to see stuff like that. If it happened during a time when only adults were watching nobody would really care so much.

Dude. I hate to drag this thread out further, but give me a break. a> her nipple wasn't really visible, b> the cheerleaders were wearing less than Janet was (even after the 'incident'), not to mention the constant near-nudity and reference to sex that goes on ALL THE TIME on TV, and c> i know it's been said a million times in the past, but if kids can see someone get their head blown off on TV, I don't think a freakin' titty is going to harm 'em. Hell, a tit is one of the first things we all see after being born. ;) The FCC plans to launch an investigation.. hello FCC, why don't you launch an investigation into your own corrupt methodology of supporting the media giants and fucking the independents. Congress plans to launch an investigation.. hello Congress, why don't you launch an investigation (a _real_ one) into the President starting a war on false pretenses?

In short, most of the people who are raising a stink about this BS need to shut the hell up (except for the NFL, they have every right to be pissed).

wtf is the big deal? in europe you see naked asses and tits all fricking day during every damn shower gel and shampoo commercial.

and btw, that IS a piercing. basically the "sun" ring is placed on the nipple and a metal bar is slid through the nipple to hold it in place. it's nothing but a basic barbell piercing, but with a metal ring behind it for extra effect.

Heh. Yeah, I was thinking about the European thing too but totally forgot to mention it. However, most typical Bible Belters and the like are uptight to a ridiculous degree.

they can rape little boys but heave forbid them seeing a nipple....

sorry, that was below the belt but they are so uptight about shit like this and violence in video games and voice their opinion LOUDLY but when it comes to raping boys they just kinda slap the old dirty bastards on the hand and let it go. They need to get their priorities straight IMO.

The child molestation controvercy is in the catholic church. The bible-belt refers to southern baptists.

Honestly, if it had happened after 10 PM, I don't think there'd be as much fuss. Problem is, at 8:30, in a show watched by millions of kids, with no parental-warning message prior to it, people are gonna complain. But, c'mon, it is time to move on. It happened. We've bitched about it for a week now, Janet Jackson's new CD is bound to flop, Timberlake's CD sales probably dropped already, move on.

Back