audio volume is LOW...

After years of non-sega playing, I recently purchased a second hand saturn model MK-802000-50 (I had a Saturn long time ago, but I donated it to my little cousin). The console works fine, but the audio volume level is too low man. I can't remember that the volume should be that low, my old Saturn used to give a decent volume level. Anyone else experienced this? Could it be a bad a/v cable (the cable is a 10 pin mini din plug with a scart at the other end) or something internal?

I don't know the answer to your question, and I don't think anyone here does either. It could just be in your head, but I've heard about volume trouble with the Saturn so many times that I'm beginning to think that it's a problem nobody really understands yet. One thing, though: volume differs significantly from game to game. NiGHTS, for example, is pretty loud, and Cotton 2 is louder than any other Saturn game I've played. Radiant Silvergun, on the other hand, is relatively quiet. If I played it right after Cotton 2, I would have to turn the volume dial up 35%-50%.

Is this a common thing you say? I tried to find something about this via google and this forum, but I can't say I've seen some stuff relevant to this matter. Maybe I'm making a big deal out of this, but the difference of my saturn's volume level compared to my xbox or ps2 is huge! Figure out what happens if I turn of the saturn after I adjusted the volume level. My neighbours are killing me. My stereo is almost at it's maximum level! Does someone know, perhaps in detail, how to adjust the volume level on the saturn, for example changing hardware like potentio meters or resistors or whatever?

Well, I've heard about the Saturn being unusually quiet before (maybe 3-5 different cases), but I have to admit that I've never seen a problem quite like yours. You might try using a different A/V cable if you can find one easily, just to check. Doesn't using SCART force the audio signals to go through the TV? If that's the case, you should find out what the audio sounds like when it's going directly to your stereo.

Originally posted by mayden@Tue, 2005-01-25 @ 04:02 AM

audio volume level is too low man. my old Saturn used to give a decent volume level. Anyone else experienced this? Could it be a bad a/v cable (

[post=128355]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey Mr. Mayden you're not making a big deal out of it becausa I also experienced the same problem in my model-2 saturn and I don't think it's the AV cord, sometimes i have to turn up the volume on the TV just to hear the sounds I'll do some test on my guinea pig saturn on this and i'll post it here! :hehehe:

I think the A/V connectors may have a tendency to come loose; mine loses video from time to time if it's nudged the wrong way.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Mon, 2005-01-31 @ 05:03 AM

I think the A/V connectors may have a tendency to come loose; mine loses video from time to time if it's nudged the wrong way.

[post=128688]Quoted post[/post]​

I have experienced the same thing. Sometimes the video becomes fuzzy if the cable isn't connencted the right way (i'm afraid it never is)...

I have a simiar problem with my psx. The AV cable was the case , it's wires wasn't straght when i took a good look at it. So i mess with the wires a bid then volume jump up big time.

Back