Ballz 3D

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
2006-09-03 to 2006-09-09; Sega Genesis / MegaDrive

What is Ballz?

Ballz is a killer 3-D fighting game. It's an in-your-face, all out fight to the finish with 8 unique characters and 8 unique bosses that punch, kick, club, slam, humiliate and fart on their opponents. Ballz even has an instant replay that shows you the damage from almost any angle. And with three times more special moves than those flat 2-D games, you're going to be doing lots of damage. Our characters will even morph into other characters whenever you want. Ballz also has a bunch of weird sound effects and a wisecracking scoreboard. It's the coolest *!#!@*#! fighting game on the shelf.

Attachments

• Ballz 3D_Cover.JPG
    Ballz 3D_Cover.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 196
The concept of this game was awesome considering when it has been released. But the game is too short and simple. Not enough moves, fighters, arena's, etc. They could've (maybe should've) made more of it, but still it's entertaining.

This game is a good example of the superior processing power of the Genesis; the SNES version of it needed a DSP on the cart...

Heh, I still have this game upstairs by my Genny, I remember buying it when it was new.

A lot of reviews say the game sucked. But I think the problem is that everyone missed the load of bonii that came with the game.

I found a guide book for Ballz at media play shortly after I got it. The difference between the game without the book and with the book was like night and day. With the book, I got to see all the moves, of which there were plenty. There's like up to 15 moves for each character. Plus taunts, begging, and you can morph into any other character. And a turbo-mode code.

And the best part is was codes to let you play as all the bosses, and all their special moves. You got to play as the monkey and the ostrich and even the gigantic dinosaur.

I also disovered some cheeze moves to let me get to all the bosses. If you held A+C with auto-fire, it would rapidly unleash a quick extended punch attack.

I'm looking to pick up the director's cut for the 3DO one of these days.

Back