Best CD-R brand?

I'm a bit new to Saturn (been burning PSX for years) but the cheap spindle cd-r's I'm using don't seem to work. I have Pine and Samsung digital. So what is the best type/brand of cd-r to use for burning Saturn games?

Verbatims are good too. Also don't burn your games too fast (no greater than about 8x is usually safe, the slower the better).

I use cheap-as-fuck see-through no-label blanks and they work perfectly fine for saturn, psx, dc, scd.

Well, I looked further into the problem, some of the discs had black dots(holes) on them making the laser skip. Everything is going better now! I need to pick up more cd-r's tomorrow...

The only CD-R manufacturer I've had pretty much a completely good experience with is TDK, but I haven't tried discs from many manufacturers. Taiyo Yuden and Mitsui are also generally held in very high regard. Most CD-R brands are not sold by manufacturers, so quality can vary even without changing brands. As a result, there is a lot of conflicting information about which brands are good. Imation, for example, has sold media made by TDK, Taiyo Yuden, CMC Magnetics, Ricoh, and Kodak.

Quote: from ExCyber on 10:50 pm on Dec. 22, 2001

The only CD-R manufacturer I've had pretty much a completely good experience with is TDK

Me too. I've only used TDKs and have only had bad burns when running too much background stuff when burning.

samsung discs used to give me problems on mine, and i did the cdrw mod

theyve worked perfectly fine since, so if your willing to do the mod then you should be fine

Back