best dc rpg?

im in that rpg adventuring mood once again and this time round its the dreamcasts go. so tell me, whats the best rpgs for dc?

in particular, is record of lodoss war any good?

haven't played record of lodoss war, but Skies of Arcadia (haven't got real far yet though) was good. Also heard good things of Grandia 2.

Shenmue 1 or 2, or PSO v1/v2... If your talking about classic turn based RPG's then Grandia II or Skies of Arcadia
wink.gif

The only true RPG's worth mentioning here are skies of Arcadia and Grandia 2, in terms of tradiotional. (actually both have very different elements from most traditional RPG`s)

If I could make one suggestion it`s play thru both, but play thru Grandia first and then SofA. I did the other way around and was constantly comparing the two and being somewhat disappointed by Grandia. Skies is beter IMHO.

skies of arcadia is -great-. the best rpg i've played since ps2.

pso looks really neat, but gets old fast in one player mode

rolw is for all intents and purposes console diablo and evrytime i start a game of it i loose interest and forget about it, it's not neccisarily bad it just has no ability to hold my interest after about 5 hours.

grandia 2's pretty good, but uhh SKIES OF ARCADIA. get that, play it, beat it then get grandia 2.

also there's evolution 1 and 2 which are pretty neat also timestalkers for the "dungeon crawler" scene. not exactly great games, but pretty good and containing some descent humourous moments and likeable characters.

then there's E.G.G. which is more of an adventure game than an rpg, but as it's dirt cheap (if you can find a copy) it's worth checking out as it looks really cool, has very appropriate music and the key selling point of the worst translation outside of somehting from snk.

hmm, there's actuallly a bunch more, but as i can't read katakana or kanji and can't understand japanese, hate paying import prices and despise the d.c. warez scene i have no idea what they're about, how to play them or whether or not they're any good

skies of arcadia is awesome. nice long story with a lot of random battles and reading.

grandia 2 is awesome. the music is the best i have heard since the days of lunar. the game is very linear and short though. but very enjoyable.

time stalkers is horrid. i mean, it is almost enjoyable but it is not a very good game. barring the monster capturing/training, it is rather bland.

eveloution 1&2 are both decent games. they only reason these are decent is because of the charecters.

i have not played record of the lodoss war, but have heard good things about it.

if you know japenese get black matrix.

but above all get skies and grandia 2!

the only really bad thing that allways put me to sleep in ROLW is the footsteps are too loud and listening to him walk around is annoying, but after you get the silent boots, or the fast boots with silent armour the game is much better, and the dragons you fight in the end of the game are unreal and huge!!... After I finish this ROLW Im going to try out Skies of Arcadia and Grandia II, a buddy of mine said Evolution was kinda childish but still an awesome game to play.
smile.gif

The last bosses from the Evolution series (I & II) are slightly less difficult than driving a hole through a cement wall with your head. I must've went through a few controllers (almost as bad as JGR).

The only advice I have to you is drink camomile tea and practice breathing exercises. It's fricking hard!

MasterAkumaMatata Posted on Dec. 02 2002, 8:49 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wait until Mag and Linear grows up.

hey, chain is the woman for mag

as far as eugene

man fucking eugene

i beat him, but it took at least 3 attempts and now i have no idea how i did it

it kinda seems like the easier the rpg, the harder the last boss is, see also golden sun

The best is Rhapsody of Zephyr, easily. But don't play it without the VGA box or you'll be sorry.

Oh yeah, it's Japanese only on DC but there are Chinese and Korean versions available on the PC. If you read eithe rlanguage you may want to look into it. The Korean version is the original (before Falcom pulled a Working Designs on the script int he Japanese version).

Black/Matrix AD is an SLG game, not an RPG. Calling it an RPG is like calling Langrisser or Fire Emblem an RPG (which they're not by any stretch).

"Records of Lodoss War" isn't too bad IF you like diablo... well, i don't like diablo!
tongue.gif

the best RPG on dc i can think of was "Grandia 2". though it was kinda easy it had everything and more to motivate the player to bust it: great storyline, superb item/weapon/extra-system and last but not least very nice graphics.
love.gif

i never had the chance to play "Skies of Arcadia" but i hear it's even better than "Grandia 2".

has anyone played the "Gandia Fanbook CD" on saturn?

I have Grandia Fanbook
smile.gif
But we are talking about DC so I'll that the best RPG on this console is Skies Of Arcadia, it's the first RPG I paly on a Sega console that you can fly in the air. The story seems to be very great (I didn't finished it yet). Also I love the design of this games.

Originally posted by vbt@Jan. 06 2003, 1:20 am

I have Grandia Fanbook
smile.gif
But we are talking about DC so I'll that the best RPG on this console is Skies Of Arcadia, it's the first RPG I paly on a Sega console that you can fly in the air. The story seems to be very great (I didn't finished it yet). Also I love the design of this games.

Yep, Skies Of Arcadia is fantastic and I think it's better than Grandia 2. Anyway, my fav DC game is Shenmue but I wouldn't call it a RPG. It's just a... er... let me think... well, it's one of the best games ever.

Originally posted by Tony Skyrunner+Jan. 06 2003, 8:12 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tony Skyrunner @ Jan. 06 2003, 8:12 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-vbt@Jan. 06 2003, 1:20 am

I have Grandia Fanbook
smile.gif

Yep, Skies Of Arcadia is fantastic and I think it's better than Grandia 2. Anyway, my fav DC game is Shenmue but I wouldn't call it a RPG. It's just a... er... let me think... well, it's one of the best games ever.[/b][/quote]

I found Shenmue to be very beautiful, but somewhat BORING, going to town to speak to ppl, then back home, then back to town... and the fights were just button-smashing, 10sec episodes...

Maybe i should have played it more...

Back