Best Friend Troubles

i'm having a graduation party on the 26th, and i invited my best friend and gave her notice of the date on the last week of school on tuesday (but she knew i was having one since april, and she seemed enthusiastic), but during grad rehersal on that friday, they passed out free tickets to the No Doubt/Blink 182 concert, which happens to also be on the 26th and also at night as my party.

3 days ago i found out she was holding gruges against me for things i didn't even know about and decided on going to the concert instead. now we argued a long bit and seemed to iron out those problems, but i told her this should have been delt with long ago, and that she doesn't have an excuse for doing that to me. hardly anyone has replied to go to my party, so i told her how dissapointed i was that she as my best friend would leave me hanging like that. and that if she did leave me still she could not rightfully call herself a best friend or even a good friend, for leaving me for a concert. i see it as, the concert is free so, she won't lose anything, and i would choose the party because of that fact. but also because i knew about the party first.

i argued with her a long time the last 2 nights, and she keeps aplogizing even though she's still going to the concert. it seems like she doesn't value our friendship because of her choosing our concert over me especially under the circumstances, but at the same time she stood there continually apolgizing not leaving, saying that i'm not unimportant. so i'm confused about this, she knows i can't call her a best friend or even a good friend and putting our friendship in jepordy, if she still goes to the concert, but she stays and puts up with me in my anger towards her. just confusing and upsetting.

now i know the obvious negative thing i can do, forget about her and lose her friendship. but i want to know of the positive things that i can say or do, maybe even convince her to still go to the party, i told her she's still invited. it's harder for me to think of the better things or any solutions since i'm this angry with her. thanks.

thought i should also note that it was already planned out by my parents and the invitations to the family were already sent, as well as our contract with the hotel and DJ. so i can't change the date, i already tried asking anyway, but it was useless.

Originally posted by SEGAFan 3000DC@Jun 21, 2004 @ 09:43 PM

....it seems like she doesn't value our friendship because of her choosing our concert over me especially under the circumstances, but at the same time she stood there continually apolgizing not leaving, saying that i'm not unimportant.....

It would certainly seem so, especially if it's just No Doubt/Blink 182; unless she's a really big fan or something. It sounds like there is something else going on she's not telling you about, otherwise she wouldn't be apologizing so much.

eek -- that hurts getting left for No Doubt and Blink 182 :p

jk

anyway, you just have to accept that girls can be a royal pain sometime.

I had one as a best friends through jr. high and high school too and it wasn't easy :)

Don't let it get to you too much.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Jun 21, 2004 @ 11:12 PM

It would certainly seem so, especially if it's just No Doubt/Blink 182; unless she's a really big fan or something. It sounds like there is something else going on she's not telling you about, otherwise she wouldn't be apologizing so much.

she says she been waiting half of her life to see no doubt. however i could have been more understanding of this by a few ways, one she knew we were getting tickets beforehand, she told me why she wasn't comfortable with me (she held a grudge for something i didn't know about until 3 days ago after i found out she was going there), or i hadn't given her the invite yet. but i did give her the invite with the date days before the concert, and when she couldn't make it too my birthday, she was at that time excited to come to the party and for her it would be a make up party.

i do think it's cold, and i do feel backstabbed, and yet she's asking for my forgiveness dispite the fact of what she does, and that gets me back to the confusion all over again.

Why don't you go to to the concert with her, and ditch your own party ;) Now that would be something :cheers

Hahaha :devil

ask her out lol

no doubts new cd sucks tell her that you'll take her to a no doubt concert some other time(there will be more)

but ya does suck but i mean normally concerts are a lot more fun than a high school grad party IMO.

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Jun 22, 2004 @ 01:13 AM

Why don't you go to to the concert with her, and ditch your own party ;) Now that would be something :cheers

Hahaha :devil

thought of that one already ;) but then i'd have to deal with hell at home for who knows how long with some pretty pissed parents :damn:

ask her out lol

i already liked her up until this incident, and she knew that. but even when things were in the good between us, she still had a boyfriend and she wouldn't back down in the slightest from him even though he's in the army in iraq right now.

no doubts new cd sucks tell her that you'll take her to a no doubt concert some other time(there will be more)

i'd love to do that, but without a job and not knowing when someone will finally hire me, i don't have the funds to do such a thing.

Originally posted by SEGAFan 3000DC@Jun 22, 2004 @ 05:45 PM

i already liked her up until this incident, and she knew that. but even when things were in the good between us, she still had a boyfriend and she wouldn't back down in the slightest from him even though he's in the army in iraq right now.

sounds like my situation back in the day (except for the Iraq thing) -- but I ended up meeting my wife in college. :D

Now we're both married, she's having a baby, and we're still really good friends

Y'know, maybe she just REALLY wants to go to the concert. You can't blame her for that. But given the nature of the concert, perhaps you should start questioning the friendship. ;) .... Seriously though, something this minor isn't worth breaking a friendship over.

Hey, I'd ditch a party for free tix to see No Doubt. Blink 182 sux though.

No Doubt's new cd sucks? You mean their greatest hits collection?

Originally posted by VertigoXX@Jun 23, 2004 @ 10:13 AM

Hey, I'd ditch a party for free tix to see No Doubt. Blink 182 sux though.

for this one i'm just going to quote myself since i already answered it.

thought of that one already but then i'd have to deal with hell at home for who knows how long with some pretty pissed parents

appologies mean shit. How many ppl do u hear say they're sorry yet dont actually do anything about it? Obviously she isn't THAT sorry, or else she would go to yer party.

But remember, it's just a HS grad party. I would definatly change the best friend thing though...cuz yer most likely not that anymore (atleast in her eyes).

Originally posted by VertigoXX@Jun 23, 2004 @ 10:13 AM

Blink 182 sux though.

I had the unfortunate displeasure to attend a Green Day/Blink 182 concert. My g/f's brother really wanted to go and somehow I got tooled into taking him. Not my kind of music, but Green Day was alright. Blink 182, however... wow.. I don't know how anyone can listen to that shiat, let alone PAY to listen to that shiat. Ugh. I tend to exaggerate sometimes, but there are no words to describe how horrid it was.

That said, at least you know she'll be spending the night wishing she didn't have ears.

Back