best genesis controller

me? i think genesis model 2 6 button arcade pad is God of all other controllers...nothing will top that (well saturn comes close with it's model 1 6 button :) )

The model 2 controller has always been my favorite, its comfortable and easy to hold.

The Saturn controller actually falls just a little bit behind it. But mainly cause I just hate shoulder buttons.

I'm vote #2 for third-party. I really, really like the "High Frequency" 6-button pad. However, I haven't used a Sega 6-button in a long time, so I'm probably biased.

Is the genesis3 6 button pad a rebadged high frequency controller? I remember my brother buying two Hi Frequency pads, and a couple years later noticed that they looked exactly like the genesis3 pads.

Or were they Naki pads?

I'm fond of the ProFighter 2 joypads:

-Good Size

-6bts with leds

-Mode and Start buttons

-Rapidfire and Slowmotion

-Possible to add some arcade mini stick on it

Haha, yeah, my fav (I have something like 5 of them).

There's actually three models of the six button.

The model is the one we all know and love.

The second model added slow-mo/turbo options.

The third model is what comes with the Model 3 MegaDrive.

And it's not my fault that the "Model 3 Genesis" is actually a Chinese clone and not a Sega product. :eek:wned

Yeah, but AFAICT it wasn't designed, produced, or sold by Sega. In that sense it's no more a Sega product than those replica VCS joysticks with built-in games are an Atari product.

Ex? Are you sure you know what you're talking about?

I'm referring to this one:

genesis301.jpg

Sega designed it and itwas distributed for Sega by Majesco. The "Genesis 3", or as I call it "Model 3 MegaDrive".

The controller next to it is the Model 2 Six button, and the one on the box is the Model 3 Six button.

Oh and it, I always thought "MegaDrive" was one word.

I'm curious though, was the Model 2 six button ever included as a pack-in with any of the consoles?

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Fri, 2005-09-30 @ 03:16 AM

Ex? Are you sure you know what you're talking about?

I'm referring to this one:

genesis301.jpg

Sega designed it and itwas distributed for Sega by Majesco. The "Genesis 3", or as I call it "Model 3 MegaDrive".

The controller next to it is the Model 2 Six button, and the one on the box is the Model 3 Six button.

I'm curious though, was the Model 2 six button ever included as a pack-in with any of the consoles?

[post=140085]Quoted post[/post]​

If these systems were not made by Sega, what about the controllers? How do those controllers (the one pictured on the box) compare to the original sega 6 button pad? Do they feel "cheap"?

Y'know, I don't think they were manufactured or designed by SEGA (the model 3 controllers). I say that because I have several that are EXACTLY the same, except with a different logo where the SEGA logo is. As for the feel, they're not bad. The buttons have a nice tactile response. The dpad is a bit 'clunkier' feeling vs. the model 1 6 button, but I prefer it sometimes because it's raised, which makes it easier to use in some ways. The model 1 feels a lot smoother overall, and perhaps a bit more high-class, but the model 3 is not bad at all. Both pads are a lot better than the original 3 button model.

check it

I like the 3 button controller, revision 2. The one with all-white letters, the word "TRIGGER" below the buttons, white letters above the buttons, and a matte-finish dpad. I have one of those, and two of the original 3 button controllers (the one with red letters on the buttons and the word "TRIGGER" above, with a smooth-finish dpad). The older controllers both have squishy dpads due to age, but my newer one (which has likely been used far, far more than the other two) feels absolutely perfect.

Back