• Rise from your gwave!

Best Video Game EVER

Discussion in 'General' started by herrgafgarion, Oct 8, 2001.

1. herrgafgarion

herrgafgarion New Member

I would have to say Chrono Trigger, with Final Fantasy III/VI coming in very close second

2. Artemio Urbina

Artemio Urbina New Member

I would have to say:

MGS Integral (The best well rounded game wilth ALL elements, a classic)

FF VII (really impressive on its time, breakthrough)

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (BEST 2dgame ever)

(Edited by Artemio Urbina at 12:55 pm on Oct. 8, 2001)

3. Shinshiro

Shinshiro New Member

only 1 pick!!!!! oh the humanity of it all!!! how can i choose just 1 game as my all time favorite!!! it boggles the mind!! THE MIND I TELL YOU!!!

anyways, i'd say my all time favorite was..........Shining Force 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dam that game was good!!!! :)

4. Gear

Gear New Member

Xmen vs Street Fighter

5. Chiraz

Chiraz New Member

I would go for;

"Question that has been asked a million times here on SX's board"

6. Richter

Richter New Member

just one pick :( i just cant make up my mind

7. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

This is a hard one, but I would have to say my favorite game of all time is......Panzer Dragoon Saga. That game was insanly sweet.

8. Cynnamin

Cynnamin New Member

SPACE CHANNEL FIVE&#R*%

well... either that or .....

*twitch*

9. MasterAkumaMatata

MasterAkumaMatata Staff Member

I take it that the *twitch* you're referring to is not really a video game, but a real game? ;)

10. Nadius

Nadius Member

I'd have to agree with Shinshiro, I remember getting Shining Force, and saying, "what the #### is this???" when I saw the battle field.... but I played it, fell in love, I didn't sleep... I had no life for the next week or two... friends would call... i'd be like not today.... actually the same thing happened with Panzer Dragoon Saga... can you believe I found it in downtown LA, for 15 bucks??!, they had Popful Mail, I had bought it, opened it and saw that the disc was broken, so I returned it

Anyhow, IF panzer were a 2nd place pick, Crazy Taxi 2 would have to be third.

And 4th would be Super Metroid.

11. Cynnamin

Cynnamin New Member

Actually, the twitch was because I couldn't decide what my favorite game was at that moment ;)

12. Kommunisator

Kommunisator New Member

argh, SC5, how can you dare to bring this game to my attention again!

Up, down, left, right, chu chu chu... I was going around like that for days, actually, everyone who was at my place and played the game one fateful evening was running around like this for quite a while - this game is addicting in some outright horrible and frightening way. It´s not more than a more sophisticated version of those old Senso units dammit, yet Ulala is soooo coool... like Apollo Smile *g*

(Edited by Kommunisator at 7:57 pm on Oct. 9, 2001)

13. Solubus

Solubus New Member

Shining Force 3.

The other shining games are also brilliant.

14. IceDigger

IceDigger Founder Staff Member

best game "ever" won't be decided until the world ends :p

I beat Shining Force 2 28x, 6x of those in a row after buying it. it is one of my alltime favs. along with streets of rage 2 and PDS.

15. KNTain

KNTain New Member

I'd have to be myself and say VOOT, of course.

My favorite fighting game... Play it daily, of course.

Funny, how I hated it at first. Same with my friends. And then I learned (and showed them) a small amount of skill and knowledge... which was in the form a statement... That statement was:

"Repeated/over-used dash attacking (side, especially) is BAD"

Boy, that changed things.

As for a non-fighting game, it could be anything from PDS to SF3 to Herzog Zwei. I dunno.

16. GreatSayamanGohan

GreatSayamanGohan New Member

wondeboy in monster world on the genesis, with Sonic 2 comming in an extremely close 2nd.

17. Mo Threat

Mo Threat New Member

The game I've enjoyed and played the most was Metroid for the NES. Nothing else has got me as hooked into its world for so many replays. I wish I still had an NES. :(

18. Death

Death New Member

Very Very Very hard to say ... lots of games are pretty good.. i woulnt even like to mention any because i love lots of games .. old ones and new ones ..

19. lancastoor

lancastoor New Member

APE ESCAPE

whacking wayward monkeys with a stun club on the psx is ALMOST as much fun as whacking wayward monkeys with a stun club in real life