BioHazard4... on PlayStation2!

Yup, I have no doubt that Capcom will release the PS2 version as a 'special' or 'complete' edition, featuring an extra 'gimp w/ball gag' costume for Leon. That way, PS2 owners will be able to feel like their Nintendo fan brothers. ;)

heh.. j/k, I don't really care about the port. I don't see why anyone does. Nintendo will still sell plenty of cubes thanks to the game, and by the time the PS2 version is released, everyone is going to be thinking about next gen systems anyway.

Originally posted by segaserg+Fri, 2004-11-05 @ 01:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(segaserg @ Fri, 2004-11-05 @ 01:04 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, they might get it later, but does anyone remember the DC CODE:Veronica debacle??? So-called exclusive goes to PS2... with EXTRAS!!! The biggest slap in RE fans after going out and buying DCs just to play it... Let's face it... as much as we love CAPCOM... they are after only one thing... our CASH... and they'll get it by hook or crookery...  :angry:

[post=122856]Quoted post[/post]​

[/b]

Here's what happened:

It was exclusive to DC, and it was going to stay exclusive to DC. After making CODE: Veronica Complete, they were going to release it in the states. However, looking at the DC status in the States, they ported it to PS2 for release in the States, so it would sell.

While this may also be the case with RE4, they still shouldn't have announced it BEFORE the 'Cube version came out, They should've waited until next Spring.

<!--QuoteBegin-axelblazeadam
@Sat, 2004-11-06 @ 11:56 AM

Its also going to be released on Xbox apparently:

http://news.spong.com/x?art=7945

[post=122957]Quoted post[/post]​

[/quote]

Dear god no...

Are they intentionally trying to fuck us 'Cube loyalists over?

Well, all improvements made to the PS2 Code Veronica turned into a new Dreamcast release: "Code Veronica Complete", since it was a cheap excuse to re-release the game with nearly no costs. It just didn't see an US release, what I find unlikely to happen to RE4, since Nintendo has far deeper pockets that Sega had back then.

Most likely there'll be a new GC release right after the PS2/XBOX releases, with whatever extras they came up with, unless Sony goes down the bribe route, which is not that hard to happen.

CODE: Veronica Complete came out BEFORE CODE: Vernonica X.

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Sat, 2004-11-06 @ 01:10 PM

It was exclusive to DC, and it was going to stay exclusive to DC. After making CODE: Veronica Complete, they were going to release it in the states. However, looking at the DC status in the States, they ported it to PS2 for release in the States, so it would sell.

[post=122960]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Sat, 2004-11-06 @ 07:10 PM

Are they intentionally trying to fuck us 'Cube loyalists over?

[post=122960]Quoted post[/post]​

No their trying to make more money. It makes perfect sense for them to do that.

If you're getting the game, and getting it first, I'd hardly say they're trying to fuck you over. If a port is a good one, I don't see any reason to complain. Hell, if you're not the one playing the PS2 version, you shouldn't complain at all, even if it was a crappy port. You should probably celebrate it even, being a Cube fanboy and all.

Oh...

My...

God...

My jaw is STILL on the floor... I dragged it walking home from GameStop... Hour and a half straight standing at the kiosk... Playing non-stop...

Resident Evil 4.....

Mere words just cannot describe it....

If I may take a skit from rex Dart:

(Resident Evil 4 enters)

RE4: Hi. I'm Resident Evil 4.

(Cloud enters)

Cloud: HAVE MY BABIES!!!

(Exit)

:lol:

I can't wait to go back tomorrow to play...

I DEMAND that all of you go to your nearest GameStop or EB and play it.

Originally posted by reX dart: eskimo spy@Wed, 2004-11-10 @ 01:38 AM

Yay! One of my skits was actually read! :eek:mg:

What did I use that for? :huh

[post=123354]Quoted post[/post]​

Shenmue II instead of RE4.

I did a little write up of it last night:

There hasn't been a new Resident Evil title since 2000, with the release of Resident Evil: CODE Veronica for the Sega Dreamcast. Sure, you can count RE0, as it came out in 2002 for GameCube, but I'm talking the continuation of the series. No prequels (RE0), remakes (Resident Evil), or side stories (Gun Survivor, Gun Survivor 2, Dead Aim, Outbreak, Gaiden).

That is to change come January 11, 2005 when Resident Evil 4 is released on Nintendo GameCube.

One of the most, and my most, anticipated titles in history, it's sure to make a big splash as it features a completely overhauled gameplay system. While some RE fanatics (such as myself) were aghast that Mikami was going to change things around, once we looked at everything, and saw how it was going to turn out, we were elated. Something fresh and new finally.

After months of watching trailers, reading previews, looking at screenshots, and proclaiming it as "Game of The Year 2005", Capcom released a demo in a special "Capcom Issue" of Famitsu. $40 seemed a bit steep for it all ($20 for the magazine/disc, and $20 for the Freeloader), so I had decided against importing the demo.

Luckily, that all changed tonight. Talking to Brandon, I asked him if GameStop had the RE4 demo in, as I had heard Nintendo of America was sending out demo discs with the game to GameStops and Electronics Boutiques nationwide. He gave me the good news earlier this afternoon.

I headed straight for GameStop from school. I got there, and trying to make my way through the maze of Halo 2 fanatics, I noticed someone was using the 'Cube kiosk. I was clearly annoyed, and ready to throw him to the ground. I didn't want anything to stand between me and my finally playing RE4. Luckily, I only had to wait about five minutes, and I was on the 'Cube in an instant. Finally... Since January I had dreamed of this as I was finally playing RE4!

I knew the game looked good, but wow! It looked much better coming off a TV screen as opposed to a computer monitor (It's usually the other way around...), and it controlled EXACTLY as I thought it would. I had the controls down in less than ten seconds. Running Leon around a bit, I was still in awe at the fact I was actually playing the game. I knew the demo like the back of my hand, due to my watching so much footage of the game up to this point.

Heading into the first house, I was anxiously awaiting meet that first Ganado in front of his fireplace. Watching the cut scene of him attacking Leon, I aimed my pistol, shot him a few times, and killed him. The targeting system was also just as I had imagined it would be.

Following the path a bit, killing a few Ganado here and there, I finally got the village where all hell breaks loose. Once again, exactly like in all the videos of the game I had seen, you're just swarmed by villagers. I ran into a few houses, got a few things, all while getting attacked left and right, and my killing them left and right.

Luckily, avoiding villagers, I grinned as I heard the infamous chainsaw. The one guy that was hard as hell to kill, the sack wearing chainsaw villager. He cut my head off more than I had liked.

Repeat the above four paragraphs over and over for about an hour and a half.

On my final playthrough, (after several failed attempts to kill the chainsaw guy), I thought I had him. How the in the hell can he stand up to four shotgun shells, two grenades, and half a clip from my pistol?! I know you can kill him (I hear it takes about seven direct shots from the shotgun to take him down), but argh!

I'm gonna take him down for good when I head back tomorrow.

I did another one today:

I asked Brandon if he could give me a ride to GameStop after school. I kept asking if Cody was working, because he's a real asshole towards me, and I knoew he'd kick me off the machine. Luckily, Coday wasn't there, it was just Aaron, he's a pretty cool guy.

Anyway, today I went back to GameStop after school, and gave the demo a couple more rounds. I let another person play mid-way through my first round.

Second round was great. I managed to really speed through the demo. Everything went by very quickly, so the chainsaw guy showed up sooner.

I managed to take him down this time. I whipped out my shotgun, and blasted him to the ground. A bunch of other villagers were heading my way, so I blasted them as well, the spray from those shots hitting the chainsaw guy. I managed to get another direct hit on him, before retreating. Equipping my grenades, I threw 'em, and all three were direct hits. I ran around a bit afterwards, just avoiding the villagers, and just barely dodging the chainsaw as it was being swung at my head a couple times. Equipping my pistol I fired a few rounds at the chainsaw guy, but I hit other villagers instead. I was out of ammo!

I managed to run around the village a bit, avoiding everyone, looking for ammo. I managed to find a single clip for my pistol. 10 shots, had to make 'em count. I managed to get to a spot where I could see 'em all. I aimed, and fired three times at the chainsaw guy, and he hit the ground. He was dead. I killed a couple other villagers before the demo ended.

I grinned as I had managed to survive it all, listening to the bell ring ,watching the villagers drop their weapons, and head for the cathedral.

Leon: "Where's everyone going? Bingo?"

End Demo.

What a rush...

Looking forward to going back on Friday.

Hm...

GW: Why the sudden announcement to make it on PS2.

Kobayashi: In order to help stablize our revenue and create better relations with shareholders and increase the value of our stock we chose to port RE4. It was purely a business decesion.

GW: Despite your previous claims on RE4 being GC exclusive.

Kobayashi: When I made those comments, I was am the acting producer on RE4. Having said that, at the time it was a choice we made that RE4 could generate a profit (break even) on the GC. And as a producer, that is my only concern. For the game to be reputable and generate pure profit. And I believe it could have. But there are other factors that were outside of the development staff that caused the game to be ported. This deceision was made by non-developers, those who's job is to ensure the Capcom's future finicial sucess. Apparently, the PS2 was seen as extra profit, and thus we were told to port it. My say is only limited, but at the time, and my perspective I was 100% confident and sure it would remain GC exclusive.

GW: Forever?

Kobayashi: As far as I was concerned, sure. But keep in mind, the PS2 port will come 3 to 5 Quarters after the GC release. In our relationship with Nintendo, they still see this game as Nintendo Exclusive.

GW: Can you comment on these rumors about many of the design staff leaving.

Kobayashi: Personally, I'm upset with Capcom's deceision but as a producer I understand where they are coming from. Regarding the other staff, this isn't a rumor. It's truth. They are moving to Clover Studios. However, that is still a studio that is onwed by Capcom. It's a part of Capcom. Profits and pubslishing is still from Capcom etc.

GW: So Mikami is done with the RE series?

Kobyashi: I do not know. Depending on how well some of our newer large titles sell (DMC3 and Viewtiful Joe 2) determine a lot of future things. I cannot say. But if Mikami wanted to , he can and very well make another RE game. Clover studios has full access to the licensing equipment, brands etc that belong to Capcom, and obviously vice-versa. That is why Dante was in Viewtiful Joe (ps2-port). Dante belongs to Capcom but Clover still has rights to him just like any other Capcom Studio.

GW: Is it ture that many of the design staff is upset with the higher "ups" at Capcom.

Kobayashi: No. Definantly not. And Never. They are all hardworking people and ultimately, they all want their game to be played by more people than not. We understand that some Nintendo fans are upset, but that is their problem. They need to understand that a company must maximize each games profit to stablize revenue and generate a higher return so we can continue to make quality and ground-breaking games.

GW: You talk about maxing out each game's potential revenue, so why don't you consider porting the DMC series to Gamecube? Being that it's a multi-million+seller, it could certainly find a home on the GC console as DMC and RE are very similar games in terms of target audience and fan base.

Kobayashi: This could happen at many requests...

GW: And finally, what do you have to say to those that are thrilled about the news, those that are concerned for Capcom, and those that aren't so glad to hear what has happened.

Kobayashi: Re4 has been designed for the Gamecube. Beyond that I cannot say more. But certainly keep that in mind. It will also appear on the GC early 2005, almost a year before the PS2 port. That is still exclusive in business relation terms. We only do this to stablize more profit, so that we can create stronger games and help prepare us for the large R&D costs that come with the next-generation consoles. We hope you'll play RE4, it's a great game I am truly proud of. Please, be optimistic that the RE series will now expand to greater lengths and more people can be introduced to the game series they all know and love, and help support.

My personal favorite part:

GW: You talk about maxing out each game's potential revenue, so why don't you consider porting the DMC series to Gamecube? Being that it's a multi-million+seller, it could certainly find a home on the GC console as DMC and RE are very similar games in terms of target audience and fan base.

Kobayashi: This could happen at many requests...

:thumbs-up:

Back