Bionic Commando

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Remember this cool action game with the soldier with the grappling hook for the old NES? That game was the bomb diggity back in the day and it still is a blast to play.

Do you remember this classic?

even though its still november for a few more hours, i will coment on decembers GOTM ;) Bionic commando is one of my favorite NES games of all time. Very innovative gameplay with the bionic arm rather than jumping, and just downright fun. I dont remember how many days my brother and I wasted playing through this game over and over and over. most excellent :D

This is one of my favorite NES games of all time. Very difficult at times. I never beat it, as I would run out of time. One day, I was on the last level, and left my NES paused so I could finish it the next day. The damn power bubped, and the game restarted. I recently used my GG to beat it.

Heh... I remember taking a tape despenser, some kite string, some cardboard, and some duct tape and making my own grappling hook to throw at stuff, pretending to be the Bionic Commando. The game was always too hard for me as a kid, but I loved the premise.

I also loved the novelization, in that Worlds of Power book series. Thems was some good books.

come to think of it, i dont think i ever beat it either. i think i could get to the level where you have to swing over all kinds of fire but no farther than that. then my brother would take over and i would watch him kill the crazy hitler clone or whatever. i never really understood the story, but oh well.

Killing the 8 foot tall Hitler clone with a hunchback in a green jumpsuit and his bionic arm was definately one of the highlights of gaming history. Fun for the whole family!

Back