Let's localize Bomberman Fight!!

I've noticed that some folks online have music in the wrong places after applying the beta SSP file for Fight, they'll have to apply the Fight beta SSP file with the SSP program that's included with the latest Grandia English patch for the issue to be fixed when applying it to their game.

Last edited:
There is some progress with the ASM hack, Nanash1 is making good strides.
1705366244785.png

And Bo of Low Context Burning Rangers fame ( Rings of Saturn | Bo | Substack )
found how to keep stage select unlocked without the "Hu position" cheat
1705367242791.png

This will be patched in by default, looking to add the other unlocks/hiddens by default as well.

Last edited:
Really nice.
I was wondering if you are also planning for a translation patch without unlockables ? (To the exception of the "hu position" case, which is bit particular.)

Main reason is, when an english patch pops out, it's a motivation for me to actually play the game as originally intended, and discover myself the unlockables after completing it. A kid's pleasure, like in 1995... ;)

Really nice.
I was wondering if you are also planning for a translation patch without unlockables ? (To the exception of the "hu position" case, which is bit particular.)
The only other thing that will be unlocked is Deral , and she's unlocked after beating the game once on any difficulty. Its more of a convenience unlock than a skill based one.

It looks like we may need to pivot away from the slimmer font hack due to technical issues, I've already designed a new 16x16 font thats VERY bombermanish. (its not 100% new its based on a font from an existing game)
1719240018725.png

This wont change the translation much (if at all) other than more lines needing to scroll. I like the change and it will get things going again which is always a good thing.

Also @ShadowMask has finished subtitling the cinepak videos, so that's one less thing to worry about.

Back