Can't find Saturn lid switch

Ok, this is not a newbie question. I have worked on both the model 1 and 2 Saturns before, taping the lid switch so it thinks that the lid is always closed, and used the swap trick to play my backup and region-changed CDR's. But today my friend wanted me to do the same to his Saturn. When I unscrewed it and tried to take the top case off, the power supply and possibly some other circuit board was connected to the case so that I couldn't completely remove it from the bottom half of the system. I looked all over and couldn't find the lid switch. Judging from the oval buttons, this is a model 1 Saturn, but it is different from my model 1. Does anyone know about Saturns that are constructed like this, and where the lid switch is? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I think that you'll find that the lid switch on a model 1 Saturn is attached to the top half of the shell. You should see two thin grey wires that run from the mainboard to the shell and they will lead you to the switch.

yeah i had a saturn like the one he's mentioning. got it from an old toys are us kiosk and the switch looked different than any other saturn lid switch id seen up to then and because of that took me forever to find it and figure out how to keep it depressed.

Ok, I finally found it. Thanks for the help! Man that thing is tiny, isn't it? Duct tape doesn't seem to be doing the best job, and I don't know how long it will hold up...i really need a better way to keep it depressed.

I'd just solder the two wires together to make a permanent link rather than trying to do anything with the switch.

Back