Capcom controller for the genesis!

When Capcom first released it, it was $9.95 + $1.50 shipping and handling.

I had never heard of it, until I bought Super Street Fighter II back in April. There's an order form for it in the back of the instruction manual.

I didn't know there was an SFC version...

The 3DO version was the only one that really sold at all. That's why it seen so much for that system, as opposed to the MD/Genny and SFC.

I was actually tempted to buy one at a local game store less than a month ago, I'd never seen one before that....didn't do it as i didn't see how practical it would be...how's it work? comfortable?

I just saw this today at my local videogame store. Is it rare enough that it sells for more? I should maybe pick it up.

It's very comfortable and natural. I actually always hold my controller such that my fingers (index, middle, ring) are on the A-B-C buttons rather than "thumb"ing them. This makes it far easier and faster to pull off button combos. The Capcom controller makes it more ergonomic to use it in this fashion.

The only downside is no auto-fire, but that doesn't matter for fighters anway, which is where you'll get the most benefit from it.

I haven't played with it enough yet to give a good opinion though. But I really like the "gun-handle" way of doing the D-pad with your left thumb. Just feels better.

It doesn't seem to be as rare as I thought I guess, if all of you have seen one. I don't think I'd give mine up anyway, even if it was worth much. I just figured since I've never seen it before, and it's not on e-bay, that it might be rare.

Ash.

Back