Case Mod Pictures

Taelon

Established Member
Our beloved community member, y2kzorak (who's a close friend of mine, and for some reason hesitant to make her own post here), would like for y'all to have a look at her fabulous case mods, done on her Saturn and Dreamcast...... She surprised me with how well they turned out, even
smile.gif

So toss this one at your browser...

http://168.103.85.65/c11h22/c11h22/case_mo...difications.htm

Enjoy! :cheers

Very nice, has she ever though of doing that as a side job for people? Her work is most excellent.

Thanks, folks!
blush.gif

Hmmm.. I guess for those who don't feel like clicking the link I'll do what I should've done in the first place instead of being a chicken.

Case #1

ncase.jpg

Case #2

scase.jpg

Um.. Enjoy and stuff! Or not....

case modding, is so, fucking, gay

wouldn't you say it depends on how it looks in the end?

what about simple stuff like installing a blue LED?

or putting an cd access LED in a model 2 saturn?

i wouldn't go to the extent of painting something on my saturn or dc but i think simple stuff looks really cool.

and some feedback for y2kzorak, i think in some aspects your results look good and in other points it doesn't. It depends on personal taste really.

i like what you've done with the saturn, there is no way i would be able to do that. the only thing i didnt like was the big white sparkles on the logo.

the dc, good concept but i didnt like the white lines along the edge of the unit. I probably would have used the "round sonic" (from the sonic adventure front cover) and that would have fit perfect on the cd lid.

anyway good to see some mods its always interesting and i can appreciate the time and skill to do this. well done

Well, judging by one of the replies, I guess you were justified in being chicken to post your pictures. Some people have no tact. :huh

I for one applaud your effort and creativity. :cheers I don't think I would go the graphic route personally, I'm leaning toward painting one of mine a different color, but that's my tastes. You earned the right to mod your consoles as you see fit when you bought them. :smash I think they look very good. And they are certainly unique.
cool.gif

Kudos,

snume
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Jurai@Jun 27, 2003 @ 03:39 AM

Translation of the previous social commentary:

Homosexuals are 50 percent more likely to modify the outter casings of videogame units. :huh

Originally posted by jeff-20+Jun 27, 2003 @ 01:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeff-20 @ Jun 27, 2003 @ 01:39 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jurai@Jun 27, 2003 @ 03:39 AM

Translation of the previous social commentary:

Homosexuals are 50 percent more likely to modify the outter casings of videogame units. :huh [/b][/quote]

homosexuals are 50% more likely to get pussy than people who mod their case

That looks incredibly neat. I think I might mod my spare dreamcast in that manner and put it in my car to match the car. That would make it look like its part of it actually. Great Ideas, keep them pumping out.

Also just curious as to how you kept the sega logo on your saturn, if you sprayed it wouldnt the paint have covered the "Sega" on the bottom left hand corner?

Don't take what Jurai says personally.

He just feels the need to talk like that about everything -- I just accept it now
smile.gif

Awesome cases y2k.. I want one done by you
tongue.gif
I seriously would consider it if you could do it for me
smile.gif

And as for Jurai... You guys need to lighten up... I mean its just, just Jurai! lol Thats how he is.
ph34r.gif

Originally posted by Ratamahatta@Jun 27, 2003 @ 08:51 AM

That looks incredibly neat. I think I might mod my spare dreamcast in that manner and put it in my car to match the car. That would make it look like its part of it actually. Great Ideas, keep them pumping out.

Also just curious as to how you kept the sega logo on your saturn, if you sprayed it wouldnt the paint have covered the "Sega" on the bottom left hand corner?

Heh... I'm a late poster. Anyway, about the paint. It is made by Krylon, and the type is Mystique. It comes in this kit with black base coat, the color change, and clear top coat. The paint changes from black to green to blue to purple to magenta, depending on the light. They also sell it in gray to green and red to orange varieties. As for why the logo was visible, near as I can tell it's pretty much a clearcoat type of paint. If I get the paint again, I would love to experiment with a red base color.

And Jaded God, if you think your case can make it to my corner of Michigan, I would be glad to hook ya up.
smile.gif

And thanks again for the all the feedback!

Back